N

Not once did her brother call her, not that she should have expected him to, but her hopes were still high and she was let down.. badly.

It hurt, of course, but her emotions should not get the best of her. Not now, at least.

There were occasions for such things, to let your emotions run freely. This one just wasn't the right one, she decided.

Figuring out that plenty of people in her old neighbourhood were still on the lookout for her, with them still warning their kids a day ago about a Devil girl that once roamed these streets, as she heard them say, she did not have that many options.

Sure, she may not have been the mafia or a gang member, but she definitely was a possible serial killer, with no other ulterior motives but to kill women to get to the men. All that at the fragile age of ten.

It was funny to her, really, how even after eight years, grown adults were still afraid of her, like there weren't more frightening things in this God forsaken world.

She opted for an option number one, instead of the number two, which included the words: Moving out.

She decided to give herself a makeover, thinking that growing up did not do a thing to her, appereance wise. 

I mean, surely it did something, but she could still feel some side glances or see people staring, not knowing whether it was just because she was 'new' here.. or maybe they could tell it was her.

Maybe there was a third option?

The thought crossed her mind only for a split second.

"Everyone is so paranoid these days." she says, as she colours her hair black.

When she was finished and the next day came, she decided to head out and see the reactions.

The amount of looks I got previously and now have not changed, she thought, as she left her apartment in search of a job, people finding her still strange, because who would truly move into this neighbourhood that easily?

Especially after everything that kept happening for the past eight years.

The neighbourhood was really old, high buildings held way too many apartments that were incredibly small and held multiple members and generations of families.

No wonder, since the money was scarce and the job payment lesser than before, did the people try to find a solution to their problems that seemed to have no end.

Instead of trying to leave, most people being deprived of all hope of finding a better future somewhere else, the solution was found in a different way.

By bringing in their old, loved ones in, them to be closer to those of their family and to spend more time with their grandkids, and to also cut the expenses of wasting that money away on paying for a resident home.

The fact that parents also got free nannies, was a good thing, but also someone to check upon their kids, if they could not.

Especially at night.

Just to make sure their kids were still there. Not because they were escaping or that they even could escape through the windows of those tall buildings, but to make sure they weren't taken in their sleep.

The paint that was once adorning these towering bricks was almost non existent, finding it's way to now decorate the concrete floor, rather than something that should represent a safe and cozy home.

They say that grass is always greener on the other side, but not even the grass was the same in this situation. It was more brown than anything, if it even grew in the areas where it was once buzzing with bug life.

That was actually the only quite positive thing, bugs not being as frequent.

Not even the bugs seemed to want to live in that area anymore, seemingly packing their bags and moving away without any worries.

And people envied them for those possibilities they themselves did not have and for being so carefree.

Being envious of bugs was quite something, but it was true, cause the people were stuck here, not really living, just surviving.

And here comes someone new in this depressing part of the city, to live alone and all the while being a female.

It was incomprehensible, quite the sight though, but it was also utterly mad.

It was, after all, an incredibly dangerous area as it is after that dissapearance of  the Romanov child.

Strange occurances or just bad things in general, were beginning to happen after it, people being even more disrespectful at first by pushing the elderly on the icy streets in the cold Winter so that they break their bones or they would threaten them with utter beatings if they did not gave up their belongings.

Gangs were also finding their ways into this area, which only brought in more bad things with them.

Drugs were dealt on the streets during midday, guns were pulled out the same amount as knives were, people not only being robbed of the little money they had, but also things they held dear the most, either their kids or their own lives.

Unless they took their own lives anyways.

It was unbearable. So many people were blaming this on the complete society going to waste for the past few years, while plenty of other people were blaming it all on the dead girls spirit that is now haunting this area in order to find her murderer and until then, there were sadly nothing they could to to make this area safe again.

Whichever was the most true, they had no idea. Maybe it was only one of those reasons and maybe it was both, but that is why the girl living on her own got so many attention.

They thought of her as crazy.

A complete whacko or an idiot not to notice things like this and still move in.

If only they knew who they were talking about and how extremely right they were.

But, even if they were, there was one person that was actually searching for her, hoping to get her to appear once again.

You see, Sara Jane Romanov never forgot that sad day when her brother and her lost their beloved sister.

And even though her clean slate of not harming anyone because of her fanaticism, up until now was admirable, Sara had some suspicions of her own about who this new girl just might be.

And she might just wanna talk with her, to get some closure or to catch if she spills anything regarding her sister whereabouts.

__________

Today I found out dimpleplasty exists and I am weirded out!

Also, I feel really bad, I think I ate something bad, yikes.. but still, here is an update and the other one will have to be postponed until a bit later cause I am still working on it!

It's only 20:30 h people, give me a break lmfao