PART ONE

Lying on the bed, she stares at the ceiling, as she hears the clock ticking with each second,  waiting for the alarm to kick off.

This year's most special day is about to start and she can't seem to wait and have all of it in her palm.

She's waited for this day for years.  Years of dreaming and planning and saving and what not and finally, today she gets to make her one true wish make true.

"One.. two... three..." she counts and the alarm kicks off and she gets up throwing her quilt away,"muskie.."

Her loud voice echoes in the hall as she rushes out of her room to another,"muskie, get up.."

"Let me sleep yaa Ridzi.." saying Muskaan pulls the quilt over her head and turns away from Riddhima.

"Nope muskie, get up,  it's that day..." Riddhima pulls the quilt down and pulls Muskaan who covers her eyes with her hand and shakes her head.

"Not so soon yaar Ridzi.."

"Ohh, come on. You have a lifetime to sleep." Riddhima drags her out of the bed and pushes her to the bathroom,"get ready in 10. I am making breakfast."

Muskaan turns to look at Riddhima before she stares at her from up to down,"since when are you up?" She looks at Riddhima's pants and tee shirt and her shoes.

"I couldn't sleep much." Riddhima says and walks away.

"So you got up early and got ready? Our flight isn't before 10, Riddhima." Muskaan crunches her nose and shakes her head.

As she knows only her roommate can do this craziness. Her roommate is very mature but when it comes to something like this, she is the most stupid person Muskaan has ever seen.

"We're going to Goa.."Muskaan hears Riddhima shout from the kitchen and shakes her head as she rolls her eyes and walks inside the bathroom.

An hour later, Riddhima pulls her trolley bag from her room.

"Bags checked, wallet checked, money checked, food checked, passport.." and she slumps before she smacks herself,"you forgot your passport, Riddhima Gupta."

"And Riddhima Gupta is going out of India? Is it?" Muskaan raises her brows at her crazy roommate who is more like a sister to her now.

"What?"

"Riddhima, domestic flights doesn't need a passport."

"So what? I have a passport and I would like to flaunt it." She says and rushes back to her room making Muskaan give up on the argument knowing very well that's not going to be fruitful.

"Did you call the cab yet?" Riddhima asks walking back with her passport and pulling out her phone, she opens her camera,"selfie time.."

Muskaan poses and nods once Riddhima clicks a picture,"it's waiting downstairs though I have no idea why are we going at 7:30 when our boarding time is 10."

"There can be so many things that can happen."

"Like?"

"Like we can get stuck in the traffic our cab can get punctured."

"Riddhima, my love, we're going on a vacation,  will you just chill? Why are you worrying like Padma aunty and freaking me out?"

"I am chilled.." Riddhima takes Muskaan's hand, and puts it on her head,"see, all cold."

Muskaan rolls her eyes,"yeah right."

They both take their bags and moves out of their flat and meets their neighbors.