Chapter Eighteen

Aubrey

"Michael! Michael! Ugh. Where the hell is he?"

I scanned the crowd, looking for the man whose presence suddenly left my side.

I don't know where I am, and I don't know why he brought me here. All I see are people, facing a big stage that stood in front of us, anticipating something or someone. There are colorful lights in every corner, bringing brightness to the place apart from the moonlight that shone above us.

I started to feel anxious with the amount of people around me. I couldn't find Michael anywhere, but I didn't want to leave and go to his car in case he was finding for me here as well.

My arms tightly clasped around the journal, resting it on my chest. As much as I wanted to peek and understand why I was here, Michael had told me not to. And doing so was the least thing I can do for him after everything he had done for me.

Suddenly, the crowd started screaming. A few people were on stage now, but I couldn't see who they were, since I was so far in the back. My height didn't really help at all as I stood behind all these tall people.

"You guys ready?" a man's voice asked through the microphone, which the audience responded to with high pitched screams. His voice sounded awfully familiar, but the loud screams were preventing me from recognizing it.

"I can't hear you!" Another familiar voice. Who are these people?

In so much curiosity, I found myself pushing through the crowd, trying to get a better view of the stage. I kept hearing complaints from every person I had pushed aside, but I was too curious to even care anymore. I squinted my eyes once the bright light from the stage finally hit my sight. The presence of them three immediately comforted my anxious soul.

There they are. On stage. With their instruments and microphones.

"Mud, Austin, and Jonathan..."

I don't know how he did it, considering how many eyes are watching them right now, but Mud's eyes met with mine momentarily. A smile creeping onto his face once he saw me, like he was happy to gain sight of me.

He whispered something onto his ear piece before holding the mic stand in front of him as they all started to play. The crowd immediately went crazy, and I couldn't help but smile at how awesome this was.

I knew they were a band. I just didn't know they were as big as this.

Mud's voice filled the place as he sang to their original song. Everyone was either singing along or screaming on top of their lungs. I didn't know the words to their songs, so I just waved my arms above my head, following the others. All in all, everyone was having fun. And so was I.

This it it. That's why I'm here.

Number five: Get to watch a live concert.

I could feel my blood rushing through my cheeks. My whole body jumping up and down with the entire crowd. My breathing had gotten faster, but my anxiousness no longer presented itself. I was having too much fun that the thought of Michael didn't even cross my mind not until the three amazing men on stage got onto their third song.

Where the heck was he?

I was about to go look for him, but somebody had pushed me from behind, causing me to stumble forward. In annoyance, I looked back to see who it was, and only then did I notice it wasn't one person. Everyone was pushing forward, trying to push the barricades that separated the audience from the stage down.

My eyes immediately shifted towards Mud who had a clear look of panic on his face. Austin and Jonathan kept giving him worried glances. The three of them clearly not knowing what to do.