Letting Go

It's the day before Thanksgiving break, and I found out why Rebecca had been being so nice to me lately. Yesterday she had texted me asking me to bring a pregnancy test that I had had to school. I did, and after the test turned out negative, she start to slowly ignore me again. Even though Rebecca and I were on the outs again, Jade and I were still close and getting along, and I was sleeping at her house tonight.

When we got to her house we talked for a while, and as it turned out Jade wasn't to happy about the way Rebecca had been acting lately either. She missed the old Rebecca and so did Shane. Shane and Rebecca had been having issues lately and were fighting a lot. After listening to some music, singing, dancing around the house, and eating an outragous amount of food, Jade got a call from her boyfriend, Brenden, and I suprisingly enough got a call from Jack. Jack and I had never really talked on the phone before. Sure he texted me and we harmlessly flirted but never reallly talked on the phone.

Our conversation seemed to last forever, and it was great. We eventually ended up on the subject of Nathan. I told him that Nathan was still ignoring me, and that I felt like he didn't really like me anymore, and the truth came out. Nathan was talking to other girls, and all his talk about liking me so much probably was being said to all those other girls too.

I decided to text Nathan and end it.

'Hey Nathan... I hate to do this, but I just can't do this anymore. All I can see is me getting hurt from our situation, and I can't do that to myself..."

He never replied. I continued talking on the phone with Jack until we were both tired and went to sleep.

Letting go of Nathan hurt because I really did like him, but I couldn't put myself out there for our relationship or what ever I was to him just to get hurt. It wasn't fair to me.