Chapter 2 : An Outrageous Situation

Groaning softly, Minju slowly opened her eyes, trying to adjust to the light. She didn't know what happened or how long she had passed out but one thing she knew for sure was that something was different.

More like everything.

If her memory wasn't fooling her, Minju was pretty sure she was in a squeaky clean attic before that strange light threaded out, not this filthy place.

Dust covered the entirety of the room, some of its particles floating around, causing Minju to let out a few coughs. It was too suffocating.

Squinting her eyes to minimize the exposure to the dust, Minju quickly scanned the room while covering her mouth with the back of her hand.

She was still in the same attic she was in before, except that it's condition differed greatly. The circular window as well as the projector was still there. However, there was no sight of the video tape.

Coming to a conclusion that the room was a health hazard, Minju made her way downstairs, opening the door to the closet and stepped out and-

Wow.

She was speechless.

From what she remembered, the corridor that she walked through had cobwebs and dirt at every corner, paint peeling off the walls and the lights off.

It was almost like a haunted mansion.

But this looked like everything but a haunted mansion.

Blazing lights from the golden chandeliers beamed brightly against the crimson carpeted floor, reflecting off the polished pearl white walls and illuminating the entire hall.

Everything was just so grand.

The paintings decorating the hallway were so full of life, their vivid colors radiating, adding in a bit of sophisticated artistry to the mansion. Everything fit so perfectly that for a moment, Minju thought she was inside a Van Gogh painting.

Despite taking her time admiring what she was seeing, Minju couldn't be anymore confused.

It was almost as if she had stepped into another dimension.

What happened to her?

She had no idea.

Where was she?

The mansion, but she could barely recognize it due to all the changes.

Just as she was trying to take in everything she was seeing, she heard footsteps coming from round the corner. In her contemplation of whether to hide or not, she had remained frozen in her position, right in the middle of the corridor where anyone could see her.

As the footsteps gradually grew closer, Minju could hear a husky voice humming in satisfaction. The person turned round the corner, staring at the book in her hands while holding a pen.

"The back garden, check. The flowers, check. The herbs, che- Oh my god Who are you?!" The person came to an abrupt stop when she noticed Minju's presence, flinching in surprise with her eyes wide open, staring straight at Minju.

The said person was a young woman, around Minju's age, wearing a white floral dress and a pink cardigan. Her grey hair was in a bob-cut, neatly combed bangs falling on her face. With thin lips and fluffy cheeks, the woman resembled a hamster quite a bit.

For a moment, there was an awkward eye contact between them, none of them not knowing what to say.

Especially for Minju, it was all too shocking.

She may have a tendency to forget things easily but she was absolutely certain that her father and her were the only people in the mansion.

No one else.