Chapter 2

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕿𝖔𝖆𝖉

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕿𝖔𝖆𝖉

֎✾°•.֎✾°• ✩ •°✾֎.•°✾֎

Galiva smiles fondly as a snake-like creature slithers out from under her sleeve. The occamy wraps itself around her hand, raising its smile head as it coos. The girl looks down at her pocket, watching as the bowtruckle peaked his head out, yawning slightly before using the fabric of her sleeves to help it climb. The occamy looks at the bowtruckle before nudging her wrist. Galiva reaches with her other hand and brushes her thumb against the soft feathers of its body. Peary curiously stares at the occamy before reaching its long fingers but quickly retracted them when the occamy snapped at them. Peary stuck his tongue out, blowing a raspberry before settling on Galiva's shoulder.

Galiva chuckled slightly, smiling down at Peary who looked like he was attempting to cross his thin arms. "Be nice, Dazzle."

Dazzle had been one of the first magical beasts Galiva had taken care of by herself. She's had the occamy since it was in an egg, the first thing the occamy seeing was Galiva. It was also the reason why they were her favorite creatures, the next being bowtruckles.

Peary was a bit different. Tina had found the bowtruckle frozen on the ground in the middle of winter. She had brought the freezing bowtruckle inside where Newt cared for it. But oddly enough, the bowtruckle had gotten attached to Galiva, staying with her and receiving the name, Peary.

The small occamy looked at Galiva, almost innocently, before hissing lightly and resting its head. Galiva stared down at Dazzle, almost like a mother would to their child, before she felt a small pinch on her shoulder.

Galiva yelped before looking at Peary who was staring at her with what seemed to be an angry face. The blue-eyed girl felt her smile grow as she realized the bowtruckle was jealous.

"No reason to be jealous, Peary." Galiva laughed silently, her eyes brightening as Peary made a row of clicks and whistles.

The bowtruckle went silent though as Dazzle suddenly raised her hand and twisted it towards the door. 

"Are you alright, Dazzle," Galiva asks, following the occamy's line of sight, "Do you see something." The reddish-brown haired girl looked out the window of the compartment door and felt herself freeze as she realized a girl was in the corridor in front of Galiva's compartment. The girl was beginning to turn so she quickly scrambled to hide Dazzle and Peary.

"Hide!" Galiva quickly hissed, frantically looking at the door as the girl was opening the door. Peary quickly scrambled into her pocket ad Dazzle slithered under the sleeves of her jumper. Just as the tip of Dazzle's tail slipped under her sleeve.

Galiva's head snapped towards the door as a bushy-haired girl looked at her. "Excuse me, but have you seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost one." The girl spoke with almost an authorized tone like her mother did when she was informing her of something.