Chapter 21

Dust's pov

It has been hours. I think. Me and Horror are sitting right next to each other, backs against the wall, his head on my shoulder. I groan, sliding sideways until my head is on his lap. He looks down at me with a confused but amused look.

"What are you doing?"

He asks, cocking his head to the side.

"I'm bored, Horror. Love me. Or something."

His face turns red, and he stutters, turning his head to the side. I giggle, and he turns even redder.

"Cmon Horry, I'm waiting~"

I tease him, and somehow he looks at me and turns even redder. Flustering him is always so fun.

"I agree, this is better than watching Nightmare throw a fit, and even that's funny to watch."

"W-w-well, why don't you give me affection first?"

He mutters, looking down at me. I raise a bone brow, smirking at him.

"You sure?"

I ask, and he nods.

"Very well then."

I say, sitting up. Then, I lean in very close to his face, and whisper:

"You're cute."

He groans, hiding his face in his hands to hide his blush, but it doesn't work because I can literally see it glowing.

"Saaaans, quit teasing the poor guy, look how flustered he is already!"

But it's fuuuuuuun...

"Snrk- Horror, you're such a bottom!"

I laugh, and he uncovers his face, looking at me unimpressed.

"I'm a virgin, Dust."

"...Can we fix that-"

PAPS NO.

"...Me too..."

I replied to Horror. The room goes silent. The awkwardness is killing me, but to my relief, Horror changes the topic.

"So, do you think Nightmare has noticed that we're gone?"

Horror asks me, leaning his head on my shoulder once again. I sigh.

"Probably not, but he will soon. He'll call for one of us, because we haven't returned from our mission yet, and I doubt we ever will. Then he'll realize we never came to his door and knocked, and he'll know we're still gone. He'll throw a fit, and probably "accidentally" break either Killer or Cross's bones, (thankfully it isn't our bones this time-) and then, he'll consider beating the shit out of Dream. Buuut, he can't do that anymore. As a matter of fact, I think the tables will turn."

Horror scratches his skull, a slightly conflicted look on his face.

"So if that does end up happening... what's gonna happen to us? What'll we do?"

"...I don't know, Horror... I don't know. I don't know what's going to happen in the future..."

We went silent again. I look up at the security camera on the ceiling. Knowing that anyone could be watching us at any time, especially the Star Sanses of all people... it creeps me out.

Horror, despite seeming worried, smiles up at me. His smile is so beautiful... I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now.

Dream's pov