chapter 13 - O Brother, Where Bart Thou?

WARNING: This chapter includes intense emotional situations for characters going through severe loss and depression and anger that might be triggering for some readers.

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/141384

There was a screen shot of a Gossip Girl article announcing Serena and Noe's return and Noe's amnesia, with a picture of them at the Ivy League Party in 1.03.

Gossip Girl: (voice over) "Gossip Girl here. Your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite."

From 2.12 "It's a Wonderful Lie", at the Snowflake Ball, Harry looked at Aurora. "Save me a dance? What's your idea of a perfect date, Aurora?"

"Watching you get hit by a bus," Aurora told him, patting Harry on the chest twice sarcastically. "You have a nice night, Harry."

Aurora walked away. Harry watched her go, smirking.

From 2.12 "It's a Wonderful Lie", in flashback, Zaya was shown kissing her ex boyfriend, sending him the picture of her, and Lana sending the picture and the news of Zaya's dyslexia all over Unity.

Zaya: (voice over from 2.12 It's a Wonderful Lie) "I was dating him, and he asked me to send him the kind of pic that boys ask for and every girl in the school was doing it with their boyfriends. And I thought that I had to, because if I didn't, people would find out..."

From 2.12 "It's a Wonderful Lie", outside the dance, Zaya, Brooklyn and Thyra were talking.

"Find out?" Thyra asked.

Zaya licked her lips, shaking her head, still in denial, but not as much as back then. "It doesn't matter. People were calling me an idiot and a fraud and... so many other things." As Zaya was speaking, there were clips of how Richard acted with Zaya, Sadie and Laureen from 2.09 to 2.12. "After that, my father was different, like he snapped. He started to be horrible to me, and to Sadie and Mom. Before it was good. But now it's a living nightmare. And it's all because of me."

"Your own father is gaslighting you and Laureen with Sadie's life, and that's not your fault," Brooklyn told her. "It's Richard's."

Zaya swallowed. "Yeah. Well, it still feels like my fault."

From 2.12 "It's a Wonderful Lie", in the dance, Aurora looked at Blair, Thyra and Wyatt. "It's not just Cyrus that wants to adopt James." Thyra, Blair and Wyatt realized what Aurora was saying, in shock. Aurora smiled at their reactions. "Eleanor."

Later, Thyra, Blair and Wyatt were telling James.

"I'd be your brother?" James asked.

"Basically," Thyra answered.

James raised his eyebrows slightly, processing everything, looking so moved and yet not knowing how to react. "I never thought Cyrus would actually adopt me even though he kept saying he would. But I should've known that he would. I never in a million years thought that Eleanor would..."

"Yeah, believe us, neither did we," Wyatt told him. "But we think this could be good. This is a good idea."

"What do you say?" Blair asked.

James nodded, licking his lips. "I'd like to be adopted, yeah."

Blair, Wyatt and Thyra smiled, and James started to smile in return.

From 2.12 "It's a Wonderful Lie", outside the school, Bart looked at Lily. "I fired Andrew Tyler, that private investigator."

"Thank you, but I don't think that that's enough," Lily told him.