Eklavya

Next day!

Vanshika POV

It's lunchtime. Finallllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! I went to the nearest café and ordered a cup of coffee with pancakes. The café was so full. I was looking for an empty seat when something caught my eyes. Someone to be exact. A smile crept on my face. I was about to go to him but my steps haltered. He was not alone. He was with a..girl. A girl, whose hands were resting on his arm casually and he was laughing at her words. They were close. He looked happy and comfortable. 

I felt a pang of sadness. It's okay Vanshika, it was just an attraction. Don't make a fuss over it. I was so confused initially but now, I know what to do. I took the farthest seat from them with my back turned to him. My mood was different. But I had no right to feel this way. He never gave me any rights.

'Vanshika is that You'- I shifted my gaze in his direction. 

I just smiled. 'Hi'. He was taken aback by my reply. See, I am bad, very bad at pretending things.

'Can I take a seat beside you?'- he asked.

'No problem, anyway I was about to leave.' His smile was long gone now. 

'We can talk till you finish your coffee if that is fine with you?' I can't say no to this. After all, he doesn't know about the somersault he has created within me.

'Yeah sure'- He just stared at me. 

'How was your meeting?'-I asked.

His gloomy face was now replaced with a happy one. 'We got the deal. Thank you so much Vanshika-'He continued with his story. I could not help but listen to every little thing, concerning him. Suddenly, he stopped. 'Are you okay Vanshika?'

'Yeah. Why?' He was silent.

'Have I done something wrong?'- he asked. 

No, No, its not you. 

'No Eklavya, you didn't. Don't worry. I have just some issues with me. I will handle'- I assured him.

'You can share anything with me Vanshika. I am all ears'

'Thank you Eklavya, but it's already late. Maybe next time if we meet. I will take my leave.'

I took my purse and was ready to leave.

'Vanshika'.I turned.

'There is no if. There will be the next time. I will wait for it and when it will come, I will not let you go this easily'.

He was not the shy and introvert Eklavya, I knew. He was different. His eyes were different as if daring me to leave. but this time, I was different too. I smiled at him but he didn't. He kept on staring. Then, I left.

Ishika POV

This weekend was rough. Very rough Actually. but I was not excited much about the coming weekend. It was like the scariest dream come true. We are in touch with almost two or three lawyers but their fees, it's going to burn a hole in one's pocket. We are trying, and we will try till the last but it's just, sometimes it's so overwhelming. But, we have to come out of this even stronger. With this determination, I got busy with the project I am assigned with. In the evening, after office hours, I have to meet a lawyer. Though he is not the top-most one, he is new to this profession. but I have heard a lot about his works. I entered the café and after not much time, a young man in his early twenties stood tall in front of me with a grin on his face. He took the seat and we started our much-awaited discussion, at least for me. Tanmay Mehta. Speaking with him, put me at ease. We talked about the case and there was indeed a..hope. We may get our money back, what we paid initially. After an hour, he left, enlightening my soul with a ray of hope. We filed a petition against the notice, we got. I don't know, what's wrong. We have the original papers. The owner has got some other original papers but either is fake. It was getting complicated, each passing day. but Tanmay was doing his best. Tanmay, he indeed is very good at its work. 

I was unable to concentrate on the office project. Only this week, that's it. Everything will fall into place. I assured myself. Tomorrow, we are going to face Mr. Abhay Verma in court. My lucky charms, they have got my back. With so much determination, passion, and..fear, I drifted towards the darkness.