Chapter 2

Berrypaw's POV

When Berrypaw finally returned to his nest for the night. He noticed that unfortunately for him Jaypaw had moved his nest to the other side of the den were there were no nest. "Did he not like my scent? What did I do wrong? It had to be the part where I suffocated him. But that was an accident!"  Berrypaw's thoughts were going rapid as he watched Jaypaw sleep. After what felt like moons Berrypaw fell asleep after thinking about Jaypaw.

When he woke the next day Berrypaw went over what he had thought about last night. First he realized that the reason why he wants Jaypaw to always be by his side is because he loves Jaypaw and even wants to be his mate when they are warriors. But Jaypaw isn't even interested in him. And he figured out that if he wants to be mates with Jaypaw than he would have to impress him first. During the night Berrypaw had thought about all of this and came up with a plan.

As the day begun and the mentors started calling for their apprentices. Berrypaw went to ask his mentor if they he could train with Jaypaw. If he hunted with Jaypaw than he could probably do something really cool and impress Jaypaw.  "The perfect plan" he thought.

Later at the training hollow Berrypaw found out that they were doing battle training and not hunting with Jaypaw. " This is the worst plan. I can't hurt Jaypaw!!" He thought.

———————————————————————

Jaypaw's POV

"I have to train with Berrypaw." Jaypaw thought miserably. "Oh don't give up before training even starts" Brightheart told Jaypaw on the way to the training hollow " Berrypaw is a great cat. If you try it you might be able to go to the gathering tonight." This was not good news to Jaypaw. To him the gathering meant a lot of strangers that would mess with because he is blind. And even if Jaypaw didn't give it his all during training he knew that Brightheart would still take him to the gathering. "Today is going to be a long day" he thought with a sigh.

———————————————————————
Brambleclaw's POV

"Berrypaw has been acting weird lately ." he thought while listening to his leader announce the new apprentices. Ever since his kits had become apprentices its like Berrypaw has been daydreaming about something. For  example during training today Berrypaw was nervous and kept stuttering whenever he spoke. And he was a blushing mess whenever he interacted with Jaypaw. "Why is Berrypaw being so shy towards Jaypaw? To other cats he is always bragging about himself and doing audacious things like disrespecting elders. Maybe it is because Jaypaw is blind" he thought

All of a sudden gasps were coming from every cat around snapping him out of his thoughts. When he followed their gazes he to let a gasp escape his mouth. Gray stripe and a she-cat had just crossed tree bridge and they were being stared at by every clan.