Chapter Sixty- One: Tear this Place Apart

|The New National Anthem by Pierce the Veil|

Kate's P.O.V.

I was at home today, but couldn't help but feel a bit sick. Riley and Kellin were playing with their toys. It's been five years since the two had been born. Jace still had his crush on Emily and would talk about everything they did together. It was cute, over the fact that a seven year old boy had a crush on his best friend. I was sitting on the couch when I felt like my breakfast was coming up. I quickly covered my mouth and ran to the bathroom. I kneeled over the toilet, throwing up all the food. After all the remains of my food was gone, I felt like shit. I brushed my teeth and heard my phone ring. I sighed and went downstairs and saw that my mum was calling.

"Hello?"

"Kate, how are you darling?" She asked.

"I'm good mum, and yourself?" I asked.

"I'm good myself darling. How are the kids and Ricky?"

"The kids are great and Ricky is on tour currently." I told her. We talked for about a hour and I hung up. There was a knock on my door. I looked out the window and saw that Allie was standing outside with Jace. She would go and pick him up, since the twins had a day off. Jace was in second grade, and the twins were in kinder garden.

"Thank you, Allie." I told her, as Jace ran inside the house.

"You're welcome." She smiled and walked back to her car. I locked the door and grabbed Jace some crackers and gave to him in a bowl.

"Eat up little boy." I patted his head and walked to my bedroom. I sat on the edge of the bed and took deep breaths. I heard the doorbell ring again, and I walked downstairs, in confusion. Who would be here? I looked outside the window and saw T.J. What was he doing here? I opened the door, and looked at him.

"T.J." I said, looking at him.

"Hey." He said. He looked more buff from last time.

"Um, do you want to come inside?" I asked. I was just wearing skinny jeans that were rolled up and a red sweater.

"Sure." I opedn the door all the way and he stepped inside. I locked the door and we made out way to the living room.

"Kellin, Riley, and Jace, go to your room, and play with your toys." They all nodded and went upstairs. Kellin and Jace shared a room together and Riley by herself.

"I see that the kids have grown up." He smiled.

"Yeah, it's tough being a mom now." I laughed. "How's your life been?" I asked.

"Good, my band is playing next year for warped, and I'm excited." He said. It seemed like T.J. had changed. He wasn't like the dick he was 8 years ago.

"Nice." I said.

"There's something I need to tell you." He said, looking down at his finger, which were on his lap.

"And what's that?" I questioned.

"Listen Kate, I still love you, I made a stupid choice, but no there's no hope left, because you and Ricky are married and have kids, and I really should've interfere between." He said. I was lost for words. I still remember those years when T.J. and I were together. It was difficult no remembering what was going on, but he helped me.

"It's okay T.J." I said.

"Can you promise me something?" He said, looking up at me. I nodded at him.

"Please can we go back to being good friends, I know that Ricky is on tour, but can I help out with the kids, please. " He pleaded. I nodded my head and smiled. He stood up and hugged me. I hugged back, I had my best friend back.

"I'm going to head over to my house and pack my bags and come here. Thank you Kate." He said.I nodded my head and watched him get out of his car and drive away. Jace came downstairs and looked at me.

"Mommy?" I looked at him, and smiled.

"Yes baby."

"Who was that man?" He asked.

"That's is mommy's friend." I told him.

|Vote, Comment, and Follow|

Bulletproof Love is now up, so go ahead and check it out.