"Hallucination"

"Now I've got some peace to think. It's time for phase five of my plan." She said while scattering word puzzles on the bed.

"Phase five?"

"...possibly phase four." She answered. I sat at the end of the bed and watched what she was doing. I never found out the true reason she left. She was provided with food shelter and education, why did she run away from that?

"Possibly phase six!—I've entirely lost the count."

"I have a question to ask you, Enola."
She looked up to me and raised her brows.

"Why did you run away?" I thought I had made things awkward since she didn't answer for a while.

"I have to find my mother." My mouth gaped a little when I heard what she said. She could've good me sooner but she didn't, classic Enola keeping things from everyone. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I..."

"You what?"

"It didn't feel right talking to you about her—umm... anyway I need to solve this puzzle she gave me." She didn't feel comfortable telling her mother's disappearance to me? I don't quite understand her...

I didn't want to ask further questions since I might make things more awkward and she'll most likely ignore it. I decided I could give her a helping hand.

"I'll help."

"Are you sure? You might not understand it "

"Enola, I can repeat the multiplication table two times without delay—no, three times actually...Honestly, I can't remember." She smiled at me and signaled me to sit beside her and so I did.

"To find mother the first thing we need to do is leave a cipher in every newspaper she might read."

She started rearranging the puzzle and explaining to me the reason why we needed to leave clues and how. She's good at this and thankfully I was catching up on this. This was new from the other things I've been doing so I had a little trouble understanding.

"What does send me Iris mean? I don't get it."

"Iris means message. Now how to disguise them."

"Would she know that you sent it?"

"Mother can entangle anything. So we need to make it most devious."

Enola was serious about finding her mother. She even sent the message in newspapers but not all of them. She chose specific ones like the Magazine Of Modern Womanhood. I've read it once but what's the point of protesting if nothing changes? I forgot about that newspaper a long time ago, Enola just reminded me of it.

I was reading beside Enola when I stumbled upon a certain boy. It was Tewksbury! People were really looking for him. I nudged Enola's shoulder and handed her the paper.

"Look, It's Tewksbury." I whispered. She took a good look at it and sighed.

"This gentleman seems to be getting a lot of attention." We caught an old man's attention before he spoke up.

"Well, he's simply the Marquess."
Enola and I glanced at each other and shrugged, acting like we weren't involved in his disappearance. We left that ink smelling place and went to a decent shop.

When Enola opened the door the aroma of pastries and tea drifted in the air. It reminded me of something in my past that I don't quite remember. I hate it when that happens.

Enola looked around the shop and so did I. We stopped when the chandelier above us started shaking and dust fell on the ground. I should probably cover my nose and hold my breath for a while. Inhaling dust can trigger my allergies which can lead to asthma which I've never had before because I always prevent it. I have nothing around to treat me and the hospital payment would be beyond expensive. Therefore—how many times have I told you to stop giving me an out of body experience? Therefore you should pipe down

"What's up there?" Enola asked. I turned around to meet the person she was talking to and saw a chubby woman.

"Noisy bloody women." She chuckled.
The woman left us while chuckling. Enola turned to me with a smirk on her face. That's not a good sign.

"What's on your mind?"

"Follow me. I think I know where our destination is." She led me upstairs and when we got closer and closer to a door, the wooden structure of the building kept shaking. "I don't think this is a good idea. We don't know what's in there."

"Yet." She slowly turned the doorknob and both of us peeked inside the room. "Woah..." We sighed when we saw women wrestling and fighting.

"No, harder. Don't be afraid of her." The woman who I assumed to be their mentor said. Enola made a move and went in without hesitation. "Enola come back—Too late." I facepalmed.

She caught the woman's attention. Enola signaled me to come in but I hesitated before walking towards her.

"Good afternoon. You wanted to be recruited?"

"No—we're looking for Eudoria Vernet Holmes." She looked at us suspiciously but I think her attention was on Enola the most. She studied us and I did the same. She looked...familiar.

"Enola...Enola Holmes?" Do they know each other? "It is you, isn't it? Why are you dressed like a powder puff?" Enola looked down on her outfit and so did I. The woman's not wrong.

"Oh my...you look the spit of her." Enola couldn't help but smile and I was there standing awkwardly listening to their conversation.

"You recognize me?"

"Of course I do. I was your first teacher. Don't you remember?" She went closer to her. Then bam! She tried to slam Enola to the ground but my beloved friend still got the advantage. I squealed a little and got worried sick for Enola even if she wasn't the one pinned on the ground.

"Good heavens! Enola, are you alright?!" I dropped my leather bag and checked if she was fine. They both helped each other up and when the woman dusted her clothes she turned her gaze towards me. Her eyes widened making me feel utterly uncomfortable.

"No...you can't be..."

"I can't be what?" I shuffled closer to Enola who seemed to be as confused as I am.

"(Y/n)?"

"Oh my God she knows me—sorry do I know you?"

"...I suppose you won't remember. But, im glad to see you two getting along now."

I quickly looked at Enola who had the same expression. What in the world was she saying? Of course, I'll get along with Enola, she's my best friend. "Pardon?—I don't quite understand."

"Look, this isn't the best place to be telling you two a very long story. I'm sure it's better if your brothers tell you about this matter."

"Sorry, I don't have a brother. She does."

"Just like I said, not the time."

"I'm sure we have all the time in the world—"

"For now, I need to know how you two ended up here in London." She pushed us out of the room and to another. All of that happened in a matter of seconds but it was indeed one of the most bizarre events I've encountered in my life. She must be hallucinating after all that wrestling. I can't blame her.