Chapter 2: Lower the Anchor

Nahid's POV

"Bye queen", I yell as I hang up the phone with Mehgan. It was around 11 pm. This was normal for us. With all the time we had, we kept each other company all day on Facetime. I look around my dark room. You don't realize how dark a room can get when your distracted. Wow. It's really dark in here. It feels so small and lonely. I feel my eyes start unfocusing as I stare at the deep darkness that strangely manages to be get darker. My eyes start welting with tears. This was my least favorite part of the day. You dont truly feel alone until you half-ass a 'goodbye' with the person you've been talking to all day and then abruptly leave.

A thought pops into my mind that stops the darkness from spreading. Newsies. A whole-hearted grin paints my face as I hop into bed, ready to purposely fall into another Newsies rabbit hole.

The anchor has been lowered. 

Newsies has a strange way of giving me hope. A reason to live. Every time I think i'm going to lose my mind, I just think of Newsies. It calms me and serenades me. It holds me to the ground as the ground keeps shifting. My shitty family on top of the problems i've created for myself, it can get really overwhelming. For example, my obsessions. When I get into something, I get into it. And I can get really annoying about it. I will talk about it till the end of time, no one ever hears the end of it. I know people get annoyed when I talk about these things, but I can't help it if i'm really hyped about something. If something makes me happy, I will never shut up. Why is that so wrong? Is it my fault? I should respect my friends and if they're getting annoyed, then i'll stop. That'll be difficult.

I turn to my side and see a bit of sunlight peek through my windows. I check the time. 6:07 a.m. I've done it. I've survived another night, in a Newsies rabbit hole. I couldn't think of a better way to end the day. Or start the day..? I put down my phone and turn to my side, a smile spread across my face. Nothing on my mind except Newsies. I fall asleep within seconds in a peaceful bliss.

 I fall asleep within seconds in a peaceful bliss