sixteen

[EDITED]

[EDITED]

"Angel," I notice a gentle touch against my shoulder as my name's whispered out. I mumble back an incoherent sound; my mind's not working properly as I'm not entirely awake yet. "I've got a meeting soon. Let's have breakfast, yeah?"

I curl against the sheets, groaning while I hide my face beneath the pillow, "No."

"I want to see your face before I leave," he whispers again.

I pull my face out of the warm and soft pillow, relinquishing my sleep by giving him a lazy smile with closed eyes. "Here."

"Not enough," he responds as he drags me out of bed.

"No," I say again.

"You're such a grumpy person in the mornings," he comments. He stops halfway down the room's door, turns around and tilts his head, "I'll be in the kitchen if you want to freshen up first."

Harry's on his phone by the time I step into that room, but he turns it off instantly when he sees me. I rub two fingers around my eyes, pretending that the cold water from the sink hasn't woken me up already.

There's at least a handful of things I thought of while I was trying to fall asleep last night, especially those related to my job. I can't lie and say I'm looking forward to today's call— dismissing the original problem seems tempting enough—but I'm aware of its consequences.

"Are you nervous?" Harry asks.

I shrug my shoulders, turning my neutral face into a scowl. "She had it coming. Hopefully, she used these past few days to think about it and see that I'm not deliberately trying to get rid of my task."

"At least she'll get the chance to reconsider her words, especially those directed to people who suffer from racism."

"Exactly," I nod my head. "I mean, how is it fair to work in a position which is key to equality for those who work for her if she can't even do it herself?"

Breakfast's eaten while sitting in front of each other, skipping through different conversations and letting out loud cackles that will surely get us in trouble because of how early it is. He tells me about a Ping-Pong competition he held on tour, the mere suggestion being funny to him as his apparently narcissistic side knew he was going to win.