Chapter Five

[Cut to the Avengers Compound, we see Lila rematerialise on the glass platform, breathing heavily and sitting on the platform.]

PETER STARK: Hey, hey. Look at me. You okay?

LILA STARK: [Showing Peter the locket] Yeah, it worked. It worked.

[Scene cuts to the Avengers in a room with some hologram displays, showcasing each of the six Infinity Stones, sitting around a table. Loki, Darcy, Scott, Peter, Lila, Harley, Shuri, Bucky, Wanda, Cooper and Cassie are pacing at the front, clearly leading the planning of the mission.]

BUCKY BARNES: Okay, so the "how" works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones.

PETER STARK: Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones.

SCOTT LANG: I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about

CASSIE LANG: Regardless, these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history.

HARLEY STARK: Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in.

COOPER BARTON: Which means we have to pick our targets.

LILA STARK: Correct.

WANDA BARNES: Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?

[We see Thor sitting on a chair with his sunglasses on. It is impossible to tell whether he is awake or asleep.]

SHURI STARK: Is he asleep?

HARLEY STARK: No, I'm pretty sure he's dead.

[Thor wakes up]

THOR: Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves... [He wiggles his fingers to imitate a spooky ghost] Wooooh, scary beings. So Jane, [An image of Jane Foster pops up on the screen] Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead, [Thor starts to look broken, and seems on the verge of tears] and oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever, [Tony starts to push him back to his chair] I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence.

LOKI: My goodness.

DARCY: Loki, tell us about the Aether.

TONY STARK: Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?

THOR: I'd like a Bloody Mary, thank you.

[Cut to the Avengers sitting around a table, eating a meal, and Rocket is pacing on the table in front of everyone.]

ROCKET: Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag.

SCOTT LANG: Is that a person?

ROCKET: Morag's a planet. Quill was a person.

SCOTT LANG: A planet? Like in outer space?

ROCKET: Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything. [Imitating talking to a puppy] Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll get you to space.

[Cut to everyone facing Nebula in the planning room, and Wanda writing notes for their plan.]

NEBULA: Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir.

WANDA BARNES: [In a business-like tone] What is Vormir?

NEBULA: A dominion of death, at the very center of Celestial existence. It's where... Thanos murdered my sister.

[Wanda looks up, and an awkward silence falls upon the room. She writes what Nebula has just said, and Scott makes to break the awkward moment.]

SCOTT LANG: Not it.

[We see Peter and Lila lying on a table surrounded by papers, and Cooper and Cassie lying down on the floor. The Time Stone pops up on the display.]

LILA STARK: That Time Stone guy...

PETER STARK: Doctor Strange.

LILA STARK: Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?

PETER STARK: Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit from a hat.

COOPER BARTON: Nice place in the village, though.

PETER STARK: Yeah. Sullivan Street.

COOPER BARTON: Hmm... Bleecker.

LILA STARK: Wait, he lived in New York?

COOPER BARTON: No. He lived in Toronto. Were you even paying attention?

LILA STARK: Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York.

COOPER BARTON: [Sitting up in surprise] Shut the front door.

CASSIE LANG: There was a point in history where the stones were all in one place.

PETER STARK: What?

CASSIE BARTON: That three weeks after the snap. Then Thanos used the stones to destroy the stones.

LILA STARK: You are the most genius sister-in-law ever!