Chapter Two

[We cut to a cabin in the woods, at the bank of a lake. We see Peter Stark sitting outside what looks like a tiny shed.]

PETER STARK: [Clapping his hand in a famous beat. Clap! Clap! Clap-Clap-Clap! Clap-Clap-Clap-Clap!] Chow time! [He seems to be speaking to someone unknown by the audience.] Morgan? Laura? Faith? Morgan H. Stark. Laura M. Stark. Faith L. Stark. You want some lunch?

LAURA STARK: Define lunch or be destroyed.

[Morgan is wearing a Iron Man helmet. Laura is wearing a Spider-Man helmet. Faith aims a nerf bow and arrow at him.]

PETER STARK: Okay, You two should not be wearing those, okay? That is part of a special thing I'm making. And that is your mother's old helmet. (Takes the helmets off Laura and Morgan's head. The three emerge out smiling mischievously.)

MORGAN STARK: Okay.

PETER STARK: There you go. Are you thinking about lunch? I can give you a handful of crickets on a bed of lettuce.

LAURA STARK: No.

PETER STARK: That's what you want. How did you find these?

FAITH STARK: Garage.

PETER STARK: Really? Were you looking for it?

MORGAN STARK: No. We found it, though.

PETER STARK: You like going to the garage, huh? So does daddy and Grandpa Tony. It's fine, actually. Your mom never wears anything I buy her.

(They start walking towards the house, but Peter notices a black Audi pulling coming to a stop a few meters away. Bucky, Wanda and Scott get out of the car. Peter sighs. He is not looking forward to the discussion about to take place.)

SCOTT LANG: (Cut to after Scott's plan has been explained to Peter) Now, we know what it sounds like...

BUCKY BARNES: Peter, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?

PETER STARK: Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?

(Scott, Bucky and Wanda all look puzzled. Science is barely any of their fields.)

BUCKY BARNES: (Peter giving a drink to him.) Thank you.

PETER STARK: In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home.

SCOTT LANG: I did.

PETER STARK: No, you accidentally survived. I'm almost positive Harley would agree if he wasn't in Wakanda. (They shake their heads) God, you brought him and Shuri into this. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a... What do you call it?

SCOTT LANG: (Trying to hide his pride) A time heist?

PETER STARK: Yeah, a time heist. Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?

SCOTT LANG: The Stones are in the past. We can go back and get them.

WANDA BARNES: We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everyone back.

PETER STARK: Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?

BUCKY BARNES: I don't believe we would.

PETER STARK: Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome would be our collective demise.

SCOTT LANG: Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events -

PETER STARK: I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back To The Future?

SCOTT LANG: [embarrassed] No.

PETER STARK: Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horse shit. That's not how quantum physics works.

WANDA BARNES: Peter... We have to take a stand.

PETER STARK: We did stand. And yet, here we are.

SCOTT LANG: I know you got a lot on the line. You got a wife, a few daughters, a son. But I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did. [His voice gets louder as he tries to sell his desperation to Tony.] And now, now we have a chance to bring her back. To bring everyone back. And you're telling me that won't even...

PETER STARK: That's right, Scott, I won't even. I got kids. And if you think that I don't want to bring everyone back, you're wrong. Morgan Hope Stark, she lost her father and mother. Every time I hear her call me or Lila her parents my heart breaks. Laura May Stark. Named for Lila's mother and my aunt, both were lost. My newest son Anthony. Named for the grandfather he will never get to know.

[Morgan, Laura and Faith run to their dad, who picks up Faith and high fives Morgan and Laura.]

FAITH STARK: Mommy told us to come and save you.

PETER STARK: Good job. I'm saved. [Turning to face Bucky, Wanda and Scott.] I wish you'd come here to ask me something else. Anything else. Honestly, I... I missed you guys, it was... Oh, and table's set for nine.

BUCKY BARNES: Peter, I get it. And I'm happy for you, I really am. But this is a second chance.

PETER STARK: I got my second chance right here, Bucky. I can't roll the dice again. If you don't talk shop, you can stay for lunch.

[We see Bucky, Wanda and Scott walking back to their car outside Peter's house.]

WANDA BARNES: He's scared.

BUCKY BARNES: He's not wrong.

SCOTT LANG: Yeah, but I mean, what are we gonna do? We need him. What, are we gonna stop?

BUCKY BARNES: No, I wanna do it right. We're gonna need a really big brain.

SCOTT LANG: (Incredulous, pointing to Tony's house) Bigger than his? Even Harley and Shuri admitted he was smarter than them.

[Cut to the Avengers compound. Bucky, Wanda and Scott sit in front of Cassie, Cooper, Shuri and Harley.]

BUCKY BARNES: About we were saying...

CASSIE BARTON: Right. The whole time travel do-over? Guys, it's a bit outside my area of expertise.

COOPER BARTON: I'll call the closest Barton Technologies and get them to send the tech.

SCOTT LANG: Barton Technologies?

CASSIE BARTON: Yeah, Hank Pan left his company to Hope, who left it to you, who left everything to me. A couple years back we renamed it.

SCOTT LANG: Any other life changing news?

[Shuri and Harley look at each other.]

HARLEY STARK: Technically I am a co-owner of Stark Industries.

SHURI STARK: And I'm the Queen of Wakanda.