Ch 4: Dilemma

There do be some sexy scenes in this one too, but it's a lot tamer.

************************************************

"You're a real piece of work."

An angry Ricky and equally agitated Nini barged through the company's main entrance. These two have been at each other's throats for a solid month now, and the other employees are just expecting them to yell at each other at this point.

Nini flared up her nose. "You're one to talk! You barely let me get a word in while we were discussing possible options for Natalie's album release date."

"You're aware you don't run this company, right?"

"You're aware you literally hired me so that I could help you run this company, right?"

Ashlyn claps her hands loudly to get their attention.

"Hey guys, everything alright?"

"Everything is just peachy." Nini says sarcastically.

"Everything is fine except the fact that Ms. Salazar-Roberts here doesn't know her place."

She scoffs and lightly slaps his arm. "Excuse me, but I happen to know my position and know that I deserve an equal say in what goes on. Thank you very much."

"You've got some nerve talking to your boss like that."

"Yeah well you're acting like an ass, so it was bound to happen at some point."

They both walk into the elevator with a few other unlucky people that will have to witness them quarrel.

"Nina, you've got to lay off on making me appear as the villain or incompetent of my title in front of customers."

"I'll stop when you stop ignoring my suggestions. You're not the only one with bright ideas you know."

"Well, I always get the first say in things regardless. You're going to have to accept that."

The other three people in the elevator awkwardly stood as they overheard the duo's feud, but the pair was so caught up in one another that it was hard to tell if they even noticed there was a crowd. One of the bystanders gets off on the next floor, leaving the other two in this intense atmosphere.

"Well, you're going to have to accept the fact that my ideas are actually good, and I'm even willing to bet that mine are superior."

He clinches his jaw. "Oh, is that so?"

She folds her arms confidently as she looks at him challengingly. "Yeah matter of fact, I know my ideas are better."

The other two employees knew it was about to escalate when she spat those fighting words. The second the elevator opened on the 19th floor, the other two practically ran out of there, having no desire to witness what was about to go down.

They got stuck in a staring competition that was only interrupted by the ding noise that erupted throughout the small elevator when they arrived at their floor.

Their breathing got louder, and their anger began to transition into lust as they scanned the other's face. Almost as if they could read each other's minds, they threw themselves into one another's arms.

This had become the new norm for the pair. Whenever they'd get each other riled up, it tended to lead to them somehow ending up in his office or a secluded area to let out some steam. It was riveting, and the fact that it was a secret that they both knew could get them in some trouble made it all the hotter.