|| - A Fresh Start - ||

— ➰➰➰➰ — 𝚆𝚑𝚢, 𝙼𝚎? — ➰➰➰➰ —

— || 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷; 𝙰 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚑 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 || —

___________________________________________________________

Shikamaru stared at the Hokage in disappointment.

"Hokage-sama.."

He would think that after Kakashi took up the mantel of Hokage, he would quit his weird perverted books that he probably doesn't even read.

Shikamaru sighed. Somethings are too good to be true...

"Hmm? Yes Shikamaru?" The Rokudaime Hokage hummed in that infuriating way that only he could, and favored a glance at his advisor, all while not tearing his eyes away from Icha Icha Tactics.

Shikamaru, offended that one of his former sensei's won't even look at him, tried the tactic Shizune taught him. "Hokage-sama, if you don't finish your work by the time Shizune comes, Naruto is going to snatch The Hat."

Surely Kakashi wants to keep his position?

Kakashi snorted, and finally looked at him. "I don't even want the hat, Shikamaru, it was Tsunade-sama that smacked the hat on my head and said to be, and I quote, "A good boy". Honestly, I did not sign up for this."

Shikamaru glared at Kakashi for being troublesome. "Fine, just so you know, there are important documents in the pile on your right for the villages economy." He sighed, exasperated, and left the room.

Even after two years, Konoha was still recovering from the 4th Shinobi War. Kakashi had to make a new monument for all those who have fallen, and it was not pretty.

Whenever Kakashi thought about it, his chest still hurt. It was like someone punched a hole, the irony, through his chest, and tiny little threads were weaving it back together.

When he lost Obito at the age of 11, he changed.

He started taking up his habits and here and theres of his personality as a facade to block everything out at the time.

Obito's supposed "death" broke the facade of rules that he established after his fathers suicide, so it was probably understandable that he died a little on the inside when he found out that Tobi, the Masked Man and the leader of Akatsuki was his "dead" teammate that he practically worshipped.

After that, Rin died, and he broke his last promise.

The Masked Man, Obito, had freed the Kyūbi no Yōko, and Minato-sensei and Kushina-nee died protecting their legacy and the village they sworn to protect.

Then, Team 7. The new Team Minato. They were so like his old team that he almost failed them the second he saw them, so they could have another sensei that probably won't fail them and probably leave them dead.

The blond, (Minato-sensei and Kushina-nee's child.. I could never look at them again if I failed him..) was a mixture of his parents, Kushina's attitude (And dare I say, love for ramen...) and Minato's appearance, and occasionally the power that got his sensei the moniker "The Yellow Flash". He was a lot like Obito, too. Happy-go-lucky, against whatever people said behind his back and he wanted to be Hokage.