𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜

+ YOU KNEW YOUR PARENTS WOULD HATE HER.

- Your parents had recently asked about your new "boyfriend" and requested to meet him as soon as possible. The problem is, you didn't have a boyfriend. You had a girlfriend.

- You begged Miu to not swear or make any sexual comments/jokes during the hour she'd stay there.

- She brushed you off with a, "Relax, [Name], your gorgeous girl genius has got this!"

- You sighed, facepalming.

+ FINALLY, THE DAY ARRIVED.

- You dreaded this moment, painfully thinking about it every single day leading up to it.

- Miu arrived in a cute, navy-blue dress. It was surprisingly classy, for someone like her. Her hair was combed back into two adorable buns.

- She had a confident grin on her face, as if she was ready to take on anything.

- You were about to knock on the door, but Miu shoved you aside and rung the doorbell. She had her hands on her hips.

+ YOU GULPED NERVOUSLY AND WALKED UP TO THE DOOR.

- Miu saw your anxious expression and smirked confidently, shaking her head.

- She hugged your side and kissed your cheek.

- "It'll be fine! If they don't like me, K1-B0 will fuckin' smash them..! Uh, not that way, 'ya big perv!" She ruffled your hair. You giggled, then spotted K1-B0 behind a bush on your parents' lawn.

- He gave a thumbs-up and lowered to the point where you couldn't see him. You looked back at the door, increasingly feeling pressure as you heard your parents' footsteps coming towards the door.

- You gave a half-smile and reassured yourself. Worst comes to worse, your parents disown you and you're sent away to a gay conversion camp.

- And you never see Miu Iruma ever again.

- That was the only thing you were truly afraid of.

+ YOUR PARENTS OPENED THE DOOR WITH INDIFFERENT EXPRESSIONS.

- Your dad stepped aside, ushering for you two to come inside. He raised his eyebrow at Miu, and gave your mother a confused look.

- She returned it with a shrug and a gesture to the dining room. Your parents made their way to their seats, as Miu and you were already sitting down.

- Silence overcame the room. Miu stared at your parents, and they stared right back. The three of them turned to you, though you were uncomfortably playing with your spaghetti.

- Your mother cleared her throat. "So, darling, who is this girl?" She asked, pointing her fork at Miu.

- You stated blankly that she was your girlfriend, not looking away from your dinner plate. You averted your eyes to Miu, who didn't show a hint of fear.

- "I thought you told us you had a boyfriend?" Your father said, raising an eyebrow. He rested his head on his palm.

- The tension in the room was getting thicker, at least, for you. You stole another glance at Miu, who at this point, was sweating a bit, trembling. She held her finger over her phone, as if getting ready to tap something.

- You cursed yourself for almost stuttering, looking up at your parents, and explaining how you lied to them because you thought they wouldn't accept you.

- They had a bitter expression planted on their faces. You felt like you wanted to dig up a hole, crawl in it, and die on the spot.

- You asked them what they thought about you, and why they looked so disappointed.

- "Honey, we're disappointed in ourselves, not you. If you felt the need to lie, it was our fault." Your mother looked down at the ground. "I'm so sorry you felt that way."

- "Man, kid, you acted like you spent all our money on that stupid damn game you used to play, what was it called?
'Robox' or somethin' like that." Your father grumbled.

- Miu answered, and the three talked for hours about you, and an assortment of other topics that involved your relationship with both your parents and Miu.

- Your dad was okay with Miu's personality, but your mom saw her as a little strange. Though she thought that if you loved her, there must be something amazing in her that she just hadn't experienced.

- All in all, you were extremely glad that everything went as planned.

[published: January 6, 2021]
[edited (spelling errors only): March 31, 2022]