Chapter 6

Toni's P.O.V

The next day, I went to school to clear out my locker. My mom found a trailer home to rent on the southside of Riverdale and we were leaving tonight.

Opening up my locker, I took out all of my personal items and stuffed them into my backpack, trashed whatever I didn't need or want, and returned school books to the bookstore.

Everything was going smoothly until I saw him. His dark, curly hair, denim jeans, and a button down shirt. It took everything in my power not to run up to him. I shut my locker and walked passed the group of guys he was with.

"Toni!" He said, which made me stop in my tracks. "What are you doing? I heard rumors that you're transferring to Riverdale."

I turned on my heel, facing him. "You heard correct. I just came to clean out my locker."

"Well, let me help you." He suggested.

"No thanks. I just want to be done with this chapter of my life." I said.

"But you will never be done with this chapter. It will follow you and haunt you."

I eyes him, quizzically. This wasn't how Diego talked. I then gasped at the realization. "Daniel?"

"Correct, princess." He smiled, smugly.

"Where's Diego? And why are you wearing his clothes?"

Before Daniel could answer, I heard the other all too familiar voice echo in the halls.

"Daniel! You sick son of a bitch!" Diego yelled, bounding his way over to us. "Everyone knows of your little stunt."

"Yeah, but she doesn't know." Daniel said, pointing at me. "I thought that I would give her a taste of our shenanigans that we used to play in the past."

"You guys are sick!" I said as I continued walking down the hallway.

"Toni! Please, wait." Diego said, reaching for my hand.

I smacked him away. "No! Don't follow me!"

I continued down the hall, not making eye contact with anyone. Hopefully my new school wouldn't have so many jerks in it, but only time would tell.