Chapter 2

I walk down the hall, hoping to find the main office without having to ask. I quickly glance around as I come to the first intersection of hallways and see the main office on my left.

As I walk in I tug the sleaves of my hoodie down, making sure they cover my wrists.

After waiting fifteen minutes for the secretary to look up my information and hand me a school map, I finally arrived at my locker, B 132.

I quickly take the store-bought lock out of my bookbag and set it inside the locker while I get out supplies I will need for first period out of my bookbag, pencil case? check. folder? check. and so on until I had everything for science. I quickly shut and closed the lock.

The day past slowly and it didn't help that in every single one of my new classes I had to reintroduce myself purely for the benefit of the teacher, because I had several classes with about 10 out of the 20 kids in every class.

By my last period, AP math, I just let the kids in the class introduce me to the teacher.

In math something wonderful happened as I took the seat in the room, next to a punk looking girl with an eyebrow, nose and several ear piercings. She had what looked like 4 G gauges, and black hair that had a pink ombre on the bangs.

"Hi, my name's Melissa, but most people just call me Mel."  She said a little over exuberantly.

"Hey, I'm Raven. Nice to meet someone today." I said slightly perkier than usual, as to get this strange girl to like me.

"Well they say if you make one friend on your first day, you're doing okay."

I chuckled slightly,"True, Mel."

At the end of the class we walked out together, having bonded over making fun of the teacher, Mr. Kolechack.

"Hey, Rave, you want to come over to my place, and maybe grab a Starbucks on the way?"

"Sure. Just let me let my mom know..". I pulled out my horrible Motorola phone and texted my mom that I would be home late.

We headed out of the school and into the car that was so obviously Mel's, you could tell with the black matte finish over the rather expensive Mustang GT. I was actually planning on letting myself have some fun with this girl.

A/N

Ok I know no one actually enjoys authors notes but I just have to say that I'm really starting to lovey own story.... Is that bad?