Part 2

Mayor Humdinger's funeral was at Foggy Bottom, most every citizen of Foggy Bottom came, and only a few from Adventure Bay, Mayor Goodway, Alex, and Mr. Porter, farmer Yumi, Farmer Al, Cap'n Turbot, and his cousin Francois, and The PAW Patrol, and the kittens. Ryder did see The Cheetah, but he didn't see Herald. Cheetah was the only relative, but didn't really care about Herald. Ryder had a feeling that he needed to find Herald. Ryder saw Herald sitting on a rock resting his chin on his knees.

"Herald?" Ryder said.

Herald looked at him. "Why didn't you save him, I thought you saved everyone?" Herald said.

Ryder sighed. "It was a mistake!" Ryder said.

Herald scoffed. "Don't lie, you never really cared about him!" He said.

Ryder shook his head. "No, Herald it's not true.

"It is true, otherwise you would of saved him...but you didn't!" Herald said.

Ryder couldn't say anything.

"You all think he was a horrible person...but he cared about Foggy Bottom, and the people!" Herald said.

"He was horrible...he hurt Chase!" Rocky said.

Herald looked at him.

"No, Chase tripped over a stupid rock!" Herald said.

"If you stupid uncle wasn't such a  mischievous man, Chase wouldn't have to trip over a rock." Rocky said.

Herald said nothing.

"Maybe it is a good thing, he's gone!" Rocky said.

"ROCKY!" Ryder scolded.

Herald looked devastated at those cold words.

"I hate you, I have all of you!" He shouted.

At that he hopped off the rock, and ran away from them sobbing.

Ryder frowned down a Rocky.

"Rocky I am very disappointed in you...how could you say something so hurtful!" Ryder said.

Rocky just walked away.

"Pups go back to The Lookout, I deal with Rocky later!" Ryder said.

At that he ran after Herald.

He found Herald sobbing on a sand hill.

Ryder ran to him, he sat beside him,  pulled Herald up to him. Herald's  sobbing was like a river trench, violently flowing threw his body. Ryder held him tightly.

"It hurts!" Herald sobbed out.

Ryder rocked him trying to calm him.

"Shhhh, it's okay, I got you!" Ryder soothed.

Herald gripped Ryder's vest as if he would disappear.

After awhile Herald calm down. Ryder helped him up, guided him to his ATV, took him back to The Lookout. This was going to be a long healing recovery for Herald.

Mayor Humdinger took in Herald when both of his parents died. He didn't show it much, but Mayor Humdinger cared deeply about Herald. Ryder had a extra bed in his room. Herald stayed in there with the kittens.  Rocky was put in his doghouse, which Ryder turned it into a kennel. He hated doing that to any of his pups.

TBC