The Plan

“Are you sure you want to do this Doc? I mean, what if it goes horribly wrong?” Moist said, trying to talk the doctor out of this silly idea of his. “What if you see you past self and they see you and some kind of paradox thingy majig happens? You could destroy the world or worse, ruin your chances at coming back!”

“Moist, did you really think I didn’t think of all of this already?” the mastermind laughed. “I’ve done my research and am prepared for anything and everything. They don’t call me ‘Doctor’ for nothing, you know.”

“Oh. Well, what do you do then after you save Penny then? How are ‘you’ going to know that you saved Penny?”  Moist gave a puzzled look at the thought of how someone would know something they didn’t do but they have but at a different time in their life.  He was confused even after thinking that. He sat himself down in a chair to collect himself after the clamor in his mind stopped.

“Obviously I thought of that as well.” Dr. Horrible chuckled. “Knowing myself I would most definitely take credit for something someone said I did. And if it was Penny saying I saved her life, well of course I wouldn’t try to prove her wrong. And I’ll be hanging around myself and Penny until I know I can handle it so no need to worry Moist my man. Everything is going to work out perfectly, according to plan.”

“If you say so Doc. Well, I’ve got to hit the road soon.” Moist said, making his way to the door. “ I’m going on a date again with Switch tonight. Things are looking pretty good between the two of us.”

“That’s great to hear. What did I tell you? Just stick with it and things will turn out okay.” Said the doctor with a reassuring smile. “Have fun, you sly dog!”

“Will do Doc, will do.”

Time Machine: 10%