Chapter 1- The New Guy

❝ Smile, you look beautiful that way ❞

Alyssa's Point Of View

• • •

I woke up to my buzzing iphone. Looking at the caller I.D it plastered "Bestie Boo (;" and I decided, after about 3 more rings, to answer. "Alyssa, wake up! I'll be by to pick you up for school in a bit. You will NOT make me late again." I snicker to myself, Laniya, my best friend, was always the good one of us two. Mostly because she had the (almost) perfect life. Her dad is rich but her mom- I was cut out of my thoughts by her screeching through the phone. "Ny, shut up! Gah-lee." I said, as we both burst into a fit of laughter. "Get dressed Lyss. I'll be there in a few." She said before hanging up. No bye or nothing? How rude.

I got up, deciding today I would actually attend school. I went into my bathroom, did my hygiene, and threw on my Misfits (classic) skeleton sweater, red skinny jeans, and my black combat boots. I then put my hair in a some-what messy some-what neat bun, and put on my white and black bandana around my edges. I threw in my pearl earrings and grabbed my ipod and earphones. Walking downstairs, I grab an apple, and put my headphones in "Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit" blaring loudly. I wait for the text from Laniya, signaling that she was outside. After what seemed like an eternity, she finally sent me the text. I grab my book bag, and head outside, somewhat seemingly avoiding my perky mom, I close the door too hard and out she comes. "Sweetie, sweetie! Alyssa! Alyssa Bleu Westbrook! Come here dear!" I mentally slap myself, and plaster on my biggest smile for my "darling" (sarcasm intended) mother. "Hi mommy. I was heading to school, don't want me to be late, do you? I know you don't, ok, bye mother." I mumble loud enough for her to hear while running off, before she has the chance to say anything in response.

Finally reaching Laniya's car, I realize she's with the gang. Including: Rayan; Laniya's boyfriend, Chresanto (Roc, as we call him), Craig (my sweet, best guy friend), and Roc's girlfriend Lana. I get in and start eavesdropping, due to their failure to notice me. I clear my throat after a few minutes, and they all turn towards me. "Yo, when'd you get here, buddy?" Of course, Ray would be the first to be speak. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention out the window while their conversation started to once again uproar, and once again, I wasn't included. I sighed, and I felt a hand on my shoulder. Looking back to see Craig, I faintly smile at him. He was the only one who could make me feel happy in times like this, or times worse than this. "You good?" He asked, worry and concern filled his voice. I internally smiled, and gave him a quick nod before turning my attention back out the window.

Upon arrival at school, I was already depressed for today. I smiled, a great smile, who I hoped nobody could tell was fake. I got out of the car, and approached the school doors, bracing myself before entering the place I hated the most. I sighed and walked in, being bombarded with the "wanna-bes" and their endless rants about any and just about everything. I stood there, dumbfounded, literally. Until one said something that said something that caught my attention, "Like totally, the new dude is like definitely a player. I mean look at him, he's absolutely perfect!" and she gets replies all saying "Right." or "Agreed." even one said "Yes honey! Bless his DNA! That boy is fi-ine." I laughed to myself, and found my way out of the crowd. The new boy cramming into my thoughts, for some awkward reason..

All I know is, I was definitely going to have to see his perfection for myself.

• • •

A/N: First chappie! How you guys like it so far? How do you think this will end up? Comment and Vote.

- Peace Punk Princess K.