Chapter 4: Best Friends

Jacob's Point of View

• • •

I told her I love her, I'm such an idiot! I should've knew a goddess like her could love a nobody like me.

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little, but you get the point.

She hung up so abruptly, it kind of made me feel less confident in myself. I laid back on my bed, and started to chuckle.

I laughed and laughed, until my stomach ached. I got in the covers and fell asleep.

- - -

I woke up to loud ringing of my phone, signaling I had a text. I let out a quick groan and then reached for my phone. My face lit up when I saw who had texted.

(A/N: Lyssa_Slays is Alyssa's Kik name)

Lyssa_Slays: Morning sleepy head :))

I laughed and sent a quick reply before getting up to get ready for school. I did my hygiene, threw on a Nirvana tee and jeans, then I fluffed my 'fro. I was ready.

I ran downstairs, being blasted with the scent of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I saw 4 plates including some food I could not WAIT to devour.

I sat down as my step-dad Malak, and his 4 year old daughter, came downstairs. They took a sit, along side my mom. This household was supposedly the "perfect" family, and I was the one to always mess up everything. I started smacking on my food and I got unpleasant stares from everyone, just how I like. I laughed, and excused myself from the table, leaving the dirty dish there.

"Bye niño bonito!" My mom hugged me, and I didn't even bother hugging back. She knew I hated that nickname, I'm not a pretty boy. -_-

"Bye." I mumbled and gave her a quick insincere smile, and I made sure she could tell it was out of spite, then went on my way to school.

I was determined to get to know Alyssa, as a friend, since she obviously doesn't like me like THAT.

I walked in the school, and automatically spotted an angelic figure on a locker.. When they turned around, they gave me a shy smile and wave.

Come on Jake, go talk to her.

As I walked towards the girl, I inspected her from head to toe. Her grayish-greenish eyes, to her bottom length long wavy hair, to her perfect facial features, and her curves. Baby had curves for days.

"Hey, I'm Jacob. What's your name, beautiful?" I asked, trying to be cool.

She smiled revealing her dimple in her left cheek, God, she was so stunning.

"Amya." Her name was sort of like Lyssa's.. Wait, why am I thinking about her?

"Cute name for a cute girl. Can I walk you to class?" I asked, regretting it as soon as I said it. I had only been here for one day, how was I gone walk someone to a class, when I barely know where my own are?

"Sure. Take me down that hallway." She said while pointing to a hall to the left, before taking my arm. I blushed but hurriedly hid it, and walked her to her class.

She found it HILARIOUSLY that I couldn't find her classroom, I, however, was super embarrassed.

"Its ok. The school is pretty big, but, I'll see you later, right?" She asked, tilting her head to the right.

"Definitely." I winked, and she kissed my cheek, then walked into her classroom.

I dangled into the hallway, not caring if I was going to be late. Then I ran into someone--

"My--"

"No. Its all my fault, I'm sorry." The girl said with her head down.

I inspected her, then I finally recognized her.

"Alyssa?"

"Jakey?" She asked, looking up for once with a smile curving at her lips.

"Yep. Lets get to homeroom." I took her hand and felt a tingling sensation run through my body, the same feeling I had when we held each other's hand yesterday in the cafeteria. She must've felt it too cause her eyes widened and when she noticed me looking at her, her went back to normal shape. We walked, talked, and laughed on the way to class.

"I don't want to be just friends with you, Jake.." She said timidly.

My eyes widened in excitement.

"We should be--" She hesitated, like she was contemplating whether she was going to say what she was thinking or not.

"Best friends." My heart broke into a million pieces.

"Oh." I replied simply.

Get heart broken has now been checked off of my bucket list.