self

It was almost two am in the morning when you and Baekhyun left the cafeteria. It was a beautiful night where the sky was a dark blue illuminated by the millions of tiny glittering sparkles scattered across the immensity. The moon was full and proudly offering its silver beauty. Your backpack hung casually by the hold of your hand as you walked with slow steps to enjoy the incredibly crisp air chilling your breaths. It was cold but at this point, you were just happy you were done with every single assignment and essay you had come to this trip with. It was crazy how productive you had been with Baekhyun by your side. He had insisted to help you with anything you had left to do after being done with the essay, and now you were freer than ever.

Your breath disappeared in your lungs when suddenly there was an ice-cold, wet sensation lingering on your back as you got hit by something you could only have guessed was snow. Just a second later you were hit again.

"What the hell-" You were about to raise your voice when your eyes caught Baekhyun forming another snowball with his bare hands. Somehow you had almost forgotten he had been present. The man had a mischievous smile on his face while his cheeks and nose were ever so flushed by a cold pink as he threw another ball at you, accidentally getting you in the middle of your face. You heard the massive gasp he let out, you could also imagine how he covered his mouth guiltily when contemplating his mistake. The cold snow on your face stung, burned against your skin even, but somehow you didn't feel angry at him for that, moreover challenged.

Wiping it off, you sent him a murderous glare, one you didn't mean at all. You could see how he was trying not to laugh with all of his might yet his smile was despite his tries to suppress it, so bright and happy that you felt yourself wanting him to continue looking at you like that.

"You are SO dead Byun Baekhyun!" You warned while scooping up a massive amount of snow in your hands and throwing it once shaped into a ball. It hit him on the arm as he had been attempting to flee the scene, but eventually threw his head back in laughter when you got him. His sweet voice echoed in the starry night and your heart blossomed against your will.

Only someone like him could manage to make someone like you bloom during the coldness of the winter.

"What was that for!?" You shouted at him in the distance when all he did was hold a snowball while approaching you slowly, a knowing, dangerous smile still curving his lips. Carefully, you put your backpack down somewhere farther away and scooped up another portion of snow.

Both of you threw the snow at the same time, his ball hitting you right on the head, and yours somewhere on his torso. Your heart fluttered like a butterfly every time the man would let out one of his angelic laughs. His hair was damp and covered with chunks of snow, but so was yours.

Baekhyun's chest was heaving heavily up and down as he took in your drenched state, your heart betrayed you for the hundredth time that day, just because of how his gaze had dropped the slightest lower. A genuine grin played on his lips, he truly looked like he was having the time of his life...Had you made him smile like that? Was he so happy because of you? Teeth drilled in your lip as you tried to suppress a certain expression from taking over your features.

"So? Why did you even start this?" You asked breathily, not really knowing what kind of answer you were expecting anyway. Baekhyun only shook his head dismissively.

"What do you mean why? You looked so tense, some fun doesn't hurt anyone, no?" He explained while making his way in front of you. You noted how there was never a moment where his skin wouldn't glow underneath any kind of light, and tonight it was the pretty, glittering moonlight highlighting his soft droopy eyes and flushed cheeks.