Untitled Part 3

Thamius watched as his own eyes flooded with confusion from across the room and held his breath as the guards launched themselves at his body. He was not worried about timing; his timing was always perfect. Just as the guards were on Thamius's form, now inhabited by Loki, the teleportation device that Thamius had perfectly timed went off in his body's coat pocket and sent it far away taking an unwilling king with it. The bewildered guards grasped at air as the man faded away from their hold. Their perplexed looks quickly faded once they realized that whom they believed was Thamius was indeed gone and contorted into panicked ones. And the charade begins. The guards moved beside one another to stand at attention, looking nervous.

        "Allion!" Thamius perfectly mimicked Loki's speach patterns through Loki's vocal cords. "Take your guards, find him, and bring him to me!" Thamius gave Allion what he hoped was his most menacing stare and Allion rushed out of the room. Xavier turned to follow him out but Thamius stopped him. "I did not bid you leave, Xavier," he said. Xavier slowly turned back around to face him; his eyes held dread and finality. Thamius was sure he thought Loki would kill him. Thamius couldn't help the spark of vengeance that flickered within his stomach. This man that had beaten him and treated him like an animal stood before him cowering in fear. He pushed these thoughts into the farthest recesses of his mind. It was then when he realized just how difficult it would truly be to stay focused. 

        "Majesty," Xavier replied respectfully as he bowed his head.

        "How did the sorcerer manage to obtain a vortex manipulator and an argon candle under your watch?" Thamius let the words slip their way through his clenched teeth. He watched as the guilt played over the guard's features. 

        "My sight never left him once, Allfather. He is a master of magic there is no-"

        "Was he not always in his cell?! Where could he have attained those items if not from you?!" Thamius knew with no one to vouch for Xavier he could not be saved. 

        "I have not betrayed you, Majesty. You are my king," Xavier practically begged. His eyes pleaded with Thamius, but he would not be swayed. 

        "Do not take me for a fool!" Thamius spat. Xavier cringed.

        "Please, I have only ever been your loyal subject. I live only to serve you. I took him from his cell in advance so that when you ordered to see him he would be there. He must have procured the items whist we waited," Xavier's mind raced as he began to put the pieces together. 

        "I will not be manipulated! I am king, am I not?! There shall be no traitors within my kingdom!" Thamius slammed the Gungnir against the reflective floor. The thunderous sound cracked against the walls and pushed Xavier off of his feet. He landed hard on his side, his metal armour rescuing him from any real injury. Two guards rushed into the room to investigate the tremendous noise. One of them looked down at Xavier with worry.

        "Xavier!" He said in a hushed voice, made clear with concern. He made no move to help him, however. Thamius made eye contact with the second guard and made a motion with his hand. 

        "Seize him," he commanded. Both guards hesitated for a fraction of a moment, but moved to do as they were ordered. The guards went to lift him up with a hand beneath his armpit and held him to stand. "Xavier Froura, you have been charged with treason to the crown and have been sentenced to banishment until you enter the kingdom of Vahallah," Thamius set the staff down, the grave hum making his word all the more resolute. Xavier began to struggle, making anguished grunts when the guards who held him began to pull him out of the room.

         His cries were heard throughout the whole castle.