𝘟𝘝𝘐.

Spencer shifts nervously in his seat, folding his hands on the table in front of him

Spencer shifts nervously in his seat, folding his hands on the table in front of him. The waiter walks up to the table, giving Spencer a small smile.

"Oh, I'll just, uh—I'll have a water."

The waiter nods before walking away, and Spencer exhales slowly, glancing around the restaurant. The same restaurant he'd taken Y/n to on their first date. He bites the inside of his cheek as he feels the lump in his throat grow, and he averts his gaze back to the table. Things were so different then.

The team had wanted him to wear a wire, but Spencer had refused. He didn't need one. The team already knew everything he was going to tell her. There's no point in them listening in. And oddly enough, he trusts Y/n enough to keep this between them.

"Hi."

Spencer turns his head, eyes landing on Y/n. Her eyes search his face, confusion etched into her features. She doesn't know why she's here. Spencer clears his throat, standing up. He gestures to the chair in front of him.

"Hi," he responds, his voice soft.

Her lips turn up at the corners slightly as she takes her seat, her eyes flicking back up to Spencer's. "I didn't expect you to contact me again."

"Why? Did you think I would give up on you?" Spencer questions, scrunching his brows.

Her face flushes slightly as she shakes her head. "No, I just...I told you to stop digging into the Poker Faces."

"And sometimes, I'm not a very good listener," Spencer shoots back, leaning forward in his seat.

"Spencer, she's not afraid to kill you," Y/n whispers, chewing on her bottom lip.

Spencer doesn't respond for a moment, the waiter walking over and setting his water down in front of him. Y/n orders a water as well, and as the waiter walks away, Spencer takes a sip of his water.

"Are you wearing a wire?" He asks her, eyes searching hers.

She shakes her head. "No. I promise." She holds up her right hand, pinky out. Spencer hesitates a moment before hooking his pinky with hers. "I pinky promise. And I can't break a pinky promise. You'll have to cut my pinky off if I break it."

Spencer can't stop the small smile that tugs at his lips, and he pulls his hand away, immediately missing the warmth from hers. "We...found some information about you."

"Information?"

"Well, about Dedi. Cora." Spencer taps his fingers on the wooden table, watching her knit her brows.

"Do I want to know?" She asks, glancing up at the waiter as he sets her water on the table in front of her.

Spencer pauses as the waiter asks for their order. He orders the chicken parmesan, Y/n sticking with her chicken alfredo. He hands the waiter his menu, watching him walk away before his eyes land on Y/n again.