Sunset, daughter of Quibli

Sunset was Quibli's daughter, a loyal soldier in Queen Thorn's army, under command of General Six-claws.

Right now though, she was moping and bored. She was outside a animus protected cave, while the queens discussed the problem of Pyrrhia. The queens held a secret meeting once a month, but any of them could call a meeting at any time. They were held in a small cave, were centuries ago, a Nightwing animus had enchanted to only be opened and seen by the queens. They were allowed to bring ten guards, along with there most trusted one to enter the room with them. To speak during a meeting meant death, and some of the crueler queens of pyrrhia had even killed their guards after the meetings so they couldn't speak to anyone about what they had discussed.
Thorn took Six-claws,
Ruby took an old Skywing whose name Sunset hadn't caught,
Glory took Deathbringer,
Coral took Shark,
Moorhen took her brother,
And Snowfall took Lynx, albeit grudgingly.
They were wrapping up right now and in a couple moments they came out of the unseeable entrance.
"Sunset!" Thorn exclaimed in happiness. "I have excellent news!" "Glory has found a place for you and Dawn at Jade Mountain Academy!".
Sunset had several options:
1. Say yes without thinking
2. Say no without thinking
3. Have a mental argument with herself
4. Ask Dawn
5. Ask Scorpion

Sunset chose option three, as not only were mental arguments fun, they were very productive.

Dawn will love it! One side of her argued, while another side argued that her little sister could take care of herself, and that Sunset didn't need to go. Yet another side said it would be a great experience for herself, and that there would be other Sandwings there, so she had nothing to worry about. But in the back of her mind, a small voice whispered, I only want to go if Scorpion goes.

Scorpion was a backstreet thief who was one of the only dragons Sunset trusted, even though his background said otherwise. The two of them had met when Sunset had been on the run from a member of the Talons Of Power and he had let her stay in his little underground den until her pursuer had given up.

The two of them had been in contact since, and Sunset visited him a lot, to make sure he was all right and had food and water. He was street smart, but he knew very little about actual helpful stuff, like how to read and write. She knew Jade Mountain Academy would be a great experience for him.

She smiled at Thorn. "I would love to go, but there's this dragon that doesn't know how to read or write, and I promised him that I would teach him tomorrow." she said slyly, making sure her words would guarantee Scorpion a spot at the school.

Thorn's face softened, " Of course Sunset, I can't have a subject who can't read or write can I?" she said smiling, " They can come as well.".
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sunset grinned and did flips in the air as they flew back to the stronghold. She was going to a school with Dawn and Scorpion, her two favorite dragons on pyrrhia. She would say this year will be great, but her Outclaw instincts knew it was never smart to let your guard down, so she kept her lips sealed.

Outclaw instincts were correct.