Chapter 2: Surprising Night

3rd Person POV:

Back at Patch, Yang, Ruby, and Y/N can be seen walking outside the Rose Xiao Long Household as they all meet up with Taiyang in an open field.

Y/N can be seen mediating as Zwei is running in circles around her while Ruby watches in excitement as Yang and Taiyang are sparring.

Ruby: You got him this time, sis!

Yang smirks as she lands a strong punch on Taiyang, who blocks the attack but is knocked back by a few feet.

Taiyang: Hehehe, not bad.

Yang: Today's gonna be the day I beat you old man!

Taiyang: We'll see.

Yang then goes for a flurry of punches that Taiyang either dodges or blocks the strikes as he lands a spin kick on his daughter, who rebounds and gets back into her stance.

Yang: I got you this ti-

She sees a strand of her own hair fall down as Taiyang looks at the sight in shock.

Taiyang: Uh-oh...

Ruby: This is gonna be bad...

Yang: (eyes turning red as an explosion of Aura erupts from her) You're going down!

Yang charges at Taiyang full speed going for an fierce assault on her father, who evades her charge before getting into his stance.

Taiyang: Come on, you can do better than that!

Yang: Shut up!

Yang charges at him again only this time Tai sweeps her leg causing the firey blonde to fall to the ground as she tries to get up only to see her fathers fist inches away from her face.

Taiyang: Give up?

Yang: (eyes remaining red until she sighs) Fine.

Taiyang then helps his daughter up as Ruby zooms over with her semblance.

Ruby: That was so cool! Yang, you were so close this time.

Yang: (rubbing the back of her head) Yeah...

Taiyang: You're gonna have to practice for fifteen years if you want to beat me.

Yang: (smirking) Just you wait one of these days it's going to happen.

They both fist bump as Yang goes to grab a towel by where Zwei and Y/N are.

Taiyang: (Now, let's see how Y/N's Aura training's going)

Taiyang walks over to the fox girl, who is still mediating with her Aura completely formed on her body.

Taiyang: Y/N...Y/N!

The fox girl remains still not moving from her spot.

Ruby: She must really be in the zone.

Taiyang: I've never seen her concentrate like this.