PART IV

The next day sees you working slightly closer with Hermione

The next day sees you working slightly closer with Hermione. She seems to be watching you extra closely after yesterday. It's more than likely she's being concerned – working in Azkaban isn't for the faint of heart, and you get the impression there's a really well established comradery amongst the doctors that you don't quite fit into yet.

She appears at the entrance to your office the next day, knocking politely before entering.

"Oh, Y/N," She starts, before cutting off abruptly, looking in something akin to disgust, or shock, at the state of your office. She wrinkles her nose. "What even is this? This is barely passable for a broom closet, let alone an office."

You concur wholeheartedly, smirking from behind the file you're reviewing, pen in hand. "If you think it's bad now, you should have seen it when Minerva first showed it to me."

"Surely it can't get much worse than this?"

"How naïve of you, Granger." You laugh, before pausing and eyeing her carefully. "Did you need something?"

"Oh, I was wondering, since your morning is free, if you'd like to accompany me to observe a patient later on?"

You smile. "Oh, well. I'd love to go – but I'd want to see my patient first. Is this afternoon okay?"

She hums. "Yes, it's alright. I'm fine with that. I'll see you later, then?"

"See you later." You agree.