i.

cho's pov.

there was a lot i couldn't recall from that blasted summer: the good, the bad-- everything in between --. it was still frothy like the admiral sea we'd swam in where the lapping waves held onto our prolific memories and our salty kisses (or maybe i was just remembering everything wrong?).

it wouldn't be the first time.

i had a knack for remembering the smell of sweet plum jam, burnt wholegrain toast, beige and cerulean-blue yalong bay, the soothing sound of your poor, mostly murmured chinese, and your lopsided smiles that had the ability to quench the thirst straight out of me.

equally, i had the ability to forget the monstrosities just as easily (or that was at least what i told myself!). the assaults, the beckoning voice in my head that told me to end it all, the feel of his unabated anger, scorching, red-hot skin that wouldn't dare be tamed-- all of it.

those horrors, i'd prayed, were secured in the catacombs of my chest right behind my thoracic skeleton where they'd remain.

i tried to recall the best of that summer, that transient (maybe evermore!) summer. because could anything real and raw and forever come out of a summer fling; a honey-sunned, honeymoon kind of love?

the answer was maybe.