Part 1

I couldn't believe that I, Lauren Richmond, was moving to Los Angeles. This had been my dream for so long and it was finally coming true. I had gotten on the plane that morning and my plane was arriving now. 

                                                                                *             *            *

I am walking down the street to find my apartment when all of a sudden a flying football hit me right in the face. The last thing I remember is my purse falling to the ground and then I fainted.

I wake up in the back of a truck with unfamiliar faces surrounding me.

"Guys she's up!" a boy's voice says.

"Oh! Is she okay?"

me: "where am I?" I don't recognize anyone around me as my vision is still a bit blurry.

"You're in the back of my truck...we were playing football and we accidentally hit you in the face" a boy says. "We're really sorry."

me: "um... who are you?"

"I'm Luke Winters. What's your name?"

I gasp and sit up. There is no way that I am in the back of Luke Winters' truck! He is a literal celebrity and he's my favorite singer! It must be a different Luke Winters... right? I look over and Luke Winters, the super cool, super cute singer is looking back at me. I can't believe this.

l: "are you okay? you got hit pretty hard."

me: "yeah,  i'm okay, but YOU'RE LUKE WINTERS!" 

He smiles. "So you've heard of me?"

me: "of course! you're my favorite singer!"

l: "aw thanks! now, where do you live so I can drive you home?"

me: "oh, I can walk... I just moved here and I have to find my apartment."

l: "no, i'll drive you. You were hit really hard. what's the address?"

I give him the address, feeling like i'm in a dream. He helps me out of the back of the truck and to my feet. I notice my bags are right there. I reach to grab my duffel bag and suddenly I am light-headed. I stumble and almost fall, and all of a sudden I feel Luke come and steady me, then pick me up. I can't believe I am being carried by Luke Winters. He sets me in the passengers seat.

l: "are you alright?"

me: "yes, I just got dizzy for a second." Luke gets the rest of my bags and puts them in the back. He starts driving and I begin to feel better. He asks me some questions.

l: "so, what brings you out to L.A.?"

me: "well, I've always wanted to live here and I recently hit 2 million followers, so I thought it was a good time."

l: "cool. I hope you do well here. Here's your apartment. I'll help you carry your bags."

I don't protest, as I'm still feeling a bit dizzy. I go up to the door and knock. Instead of the girl my age I was expecting, an older woman opens the door.

"what do you want?" she says rudely.

me: "uh, i'm Lauren Richmond, I'm supposed to live here?"

her: "oh yeah, sorry, I was supposed to let you know that i'm not renting this place out anymore. sorry." Then she slams the door in my face.

Luke comes up with my bags in his hands. He sees my face and asks if everything is okay. I explain to him what happened and he looks thoughtful.

l: "well, if you want, you can stay with me at my place until you have somewhere to go."

me: "I can't stay at your place... I don't want to inconvenience you."

l: "it's the least I can do after hitting you in the face! you could have been really hurt. come on, it's really no bother. you'll have your own room and bathroom."

me: "well, if you're sure!" I can't believe that I am going to live with Luke Winters for even a little bit! this is absolutely crazy!