Megumi Fushiguro || Aphrodisiac

POV: 3rd person

Keywords: (Y/N) = Your Name

Happy Birthday, Megumi Fushiguro ♡ - December 22nd 

......................................................................

A shining, shimmering gown. Luscious, flowered locks. One crowning her head while the other flowed down her figure, turning her into the self-embodiment of a gorgeous goddess. She was the centre of attention and stole the spotlight from everyone else, her presence especially dangerous for a certain young man.

It was as if she was emitting a sort of aphrodisiac, her sweet scent still lingering in his mind from the slight moment they bumped into each other at the venue. 

December 22nd, 22:22. The pointed time on his jade encrusted watch almost threw him off. 

"Hmph. How tepid. And here I thought that you'd show me a more entertaining expression when you noticed my perfect timing."

The young man looked up, locking his sharp gaze with the familiar figure, standing merely inches away from him. Taking a deep breath at the sight that was exposed to him, Megumi managed to keep his breathing steady while going unnoticed by her.

Her seducing voice. The light harmony that escaped through her glossy lips every minute she opened her mouth. The beautiful jewelry that decorated her perfectly. Her bright yet piercing gaze that matched her charming smile so well that it was frightening. 

Everything about that girl was enough to drive the boy insane.

"Now, now Fushi. That won't do. If you start drooling at me fully clothed, how will you manage to restrain yourself when there won't be a single piece of fabric on me?

"Hilarious. Your jokes are almost as predictable as your useless little stunts. What meaning is there to arrive at such an oddly specific time when just hours ago, you didn't even know it was my birthday?"

"Aw don't be like that Fushi. I wouldn't miss your special day for anything in the world. It's a lovely birthday venue, by the way."

"That's not even a thing."

"Isn't it? Gojo-sensei calls it a birthday venue. He isn't really bright when it comes to common knowledge, but whatever comes out of his mouth just ends up sticking around for the rest of our days."

Great. Small talk. No matter how well Megumi Fushiguro excelled at sorcery and shamanism, small talk was not his strongest point, especially not around such a talkative girl that constantly gave him conflicting emotions.

While walking past the guests, Megumi greeted every cousin, uncle, distant relative, all while being accompanied by (Y/N), staring intently at his every movement and gesture. 

"Megumi! Look how grown you've come to be. It's barely been a year since I last saw you!"

"Zenin-sama. I am honoured to have you attend such a brash party."

"No need for the formalities, boy. If only that troublemaker Toji were here to see you..."

At the sound of that name, the young man stiffened. Excusing himself, Megumi made his way out on to the balcony, an alarmed (Y/N) following closely behind him.

"Megumi, I'm sure Naobito-san didn't mean to mention your father so easily. Your birthday must've just reminded him of what could've been if he hadn't-"

"If he hadn't what? Gone off and died immediately after abandoning us? If he couldn't even take care of himself, why bother having Tsumiki? Why bother having me? Why bother even trying to build a family in the first place if he'll just leave them the next day?"

He didn't mean to cry or lash out at her. He only wanted to scream at his father. But even that was just an excuse to make himself feel better. Before learning about his roots, Megumi would constantly shoulder all the blame on himself. For every harmed individual in his life, he would beat himself down for being the cause of all the pain and sadness that they felt.

But when he learned about all the horrible things that his father had done, how could he not see this as a chance to push all the blame on him instead?

"I'm no better than him. I'm just as rotten and miserable as my dad."

A cozy warmth was suddenly wrapped around Megumi, a pleasant heat coursing through his entire body. Sheltering arms welcomed him in a brighter state of mind, appeasing all his negative thoughts and made-up emotions. Not a single hint of discomfort or sadness was left in the boy's heart.

What a warm body...

What an ambrosian scent...

"You don't have to force yourself to hate him, Fushi. You know better than anyone how much he loved you and Tsumiki-san. Not every parent show's their love physically, but it doesn't mean that they don't always have you on their mind and in their heart. If he could be here with you right now, I'm sure your father would've given up everything in the world to do so."

Megumi never needed to muffle his cries or hide his tears around her. She was always there for him when he needed her most, and she was right. He doesn't hate his father. He never did. Despite trying to resent him for his lack of presence in his life, he knew that everything that he did was so that he could live his own life, free from the shackles that chained him up for so many years for being seen as a failure and a disgrace to his family.

While lost in thought, the boy barely noticed the girl wiping his tears away with a silky fabric.

"Let's head back inside before the others start to worry. We wouldn't want the two crackheads to start causing a ruckus inside. Let's just hope that we get to them before the crackhead leader Gojo-sensei does."

Managing to put a smile back on his face, Megumi nodded and followed quietly behind the beautiful girl, staring at her with more affection and love than he ever thought he would be capable of having.

Intertwining his fingers in hers delicately, he let her drag him in to the crowd, never afraid of losing sight of her, despite the amount of guests that were present. 

"Happy Birthday, Megumi!"

He couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm, a trait of hers that he loved so much. Stopping in his tracks, the boy pulled the girl into his arms, holding her tightly against his formally suited body. Before she could say anything, their lips collided as the kiss deepened, the pair blending into the crowd of tuxedos and gowns.

(Y/N) had a scent. An aromatic and addictive one, almost as if she was emitting an aphrodisiac. No matter where she was in the world, wherever she'd be in the afterlife, Megumi knew that he would follow her scent and find her again.

......................................................................

Author's note:

Happy late birthday chapter for our hardworking boy, Megumi! Please give this poor kid a break from beatings and head injuries. How has he not fallen into a coma by now from all those hits he keeps taking? TT

I'm so happy to be able to update a chapter this week! It's been so long since I've written something new and I'm terribly sorry to everyone who had been anticipating quick updates. Thank you so much to those who kept reading my oneshots, despite the lack of updates and new chapters D: 

I hope I'll be able to finish working on my dozens of oneshot drafts for you guys as soon as I can!