She Is Not Ordinary

Elevator buttons in the morning air. Strangers' silence makes me want to take the stairs.

He had been sighing heavily. Another day, another grind. For some reason, he has been having a difficult time getting some sleep recently. Could it be the cold weather making him feel unwell?

He does not think so. It could be the feeling of missing last year's Christmas.

If you were here, we'd laugh about the vacant stares. But right now, my time is theirs.

In the Christmas of 2019, he was still trying to get to know her. "She seems to be pretty intimidating". He thought to himself as he looked back at how he treated his previous female co-stars as his 妹妹 (little sisters).

A vision in white. When he first saw her in November, he was already blown away by her aura. "天啊 (Oh God), she is no ordinary girl".

Fast-forward to Christmas of 2019, he realized that she was more than his first impression. She would always make fun of him and make him laugh with her aspiring K-Pop girl group dance moves.

The director announced that they would go on a holiday break first and resume filming in January. He has been working nonstop in these recent years so he needed this break.

"罗弋哥,圣诞节快乐!别忘了吃苹果" (Luo Yi ge, Merry Christmas! Don't forget to eat your apples). She laughed coyly as she waved goodbye from her van's window.

He could not help but smile which made his cheeks slightly flushed. He was not supposed to react or he would lose their never-ending teasing games. She loved to make fun of his real name. But what really ticks him a bit is how she loved to make fun of his age and call him, 老爸爸 (old father). "Six years isn't even that bad, right?!" He snickered by himself.

At that moment, he just knew that his Christmas has already become special. Even when he looked forward to resting, it seemed like he did not want to anymore. He laughed again at himself for being excited to resume to filming.

Back to this year's Christmas. Same drama crew, different cities, different people. For the first time, he just could not wait to have a break. He meant it this time.

[to be continued.]

Notes: apples are being traditionally eaten during Christmas in China as symbols of peace.