Strolling Down The Memory Lane

The sunlight blazes on her face as she gets down from the van. She walks to the studio like a zombie with her eyes closed. She definitely needs a cup of Starbucks macchiato to start a cold winter's day.

"HeHe, don't bother buying me coffee anymore. I can just buy it myself". She has been busy filming nonstop so a side-trip to her favorite coffee shop wouldn't hurt.

Upon entering the shop, a table full of limited edition Christmas tumblers caught her attention. Although there was a particular one that stood out for her - a white tumbler with a red cap. A flashback from December of last year suddenly came into her mind.

Everyone was having a jolly time during filming break with their milk tea and fried chicken. She had just gone through a break-up yet she still tried to keep up with everyone's high energy.

Don't you worry your pretty, little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine

She thought no one would notice until a white tumbler was placed in front of her. In probably the most beautiful calligraphy that she has ever seen, the note said, "喝这茶让你感觉好些" (Drink this tea to make you feel better). She looked back and her eyes just popped out to see who it was from.

She swore that she has never heard of him before filming. When she did her research, she was beyond ecstatic to be working with someone who has acted such an iconic character. Not to mention that he is one good-looking guy as she giggled about it with HeHe.

It never crossed her mind that he would notice how blue she has been feeling inside when no one else did. "Oh 谢谢你罗老师你不必" (Oh thank you, Luo laoshi. You didn't have to). He insisted and told her to keep it as he looked at her with his charming smile. She has always liked seeing him smile.

"小姐您还在买咖啡吗" (Miss, are you still ordering coffee?). The barista has been waiting for her to say her order. "不请给我一个桃茶" (No, please give me one peach tea instead).

"好的您想在我们的玻璃杯中放吗" (Okay, do you want it inside our tumbler?) as the barista asked her while holding the same tumbler that she has always cherished. She could not help but let out a sheepish grin and said, "不用了我已经有一个" (No need, I have one already).

She thought she could snap out of her memory of last Christmas after that trip to Starbucks until she saw an old woman selling apples outside. "阿姨请给我一个满满的篮子" (Auntie, please give me a full basket). While reaching out for her tiny sheep coin purse, she realized that she bought too many apples. "白梦妍你怎么这么笨. 您还会把这些苹果还给谁" (Bai Mengyan, you're so dumb. Who will you give these apples to?).

She shakes her head and lets out a tiny laugh after remembering giving apples to him on the set.

Her phone kept ringing and she was shocked to see 15 missed calls already. She had way too much fun going into these sidetrips down the memory lane. "我的女儿化妆时间已经到了" (Daughter, as HeHe lovingly calls her, time for make-up already!).

She ran as fast as she could. By the time she got on the make-up chair, HeHe already knew that she would not stop talking about the excess apples that she bought.

"Hey 女儿你告诉我您只是在想一个人再给那些苹果。 我对吗" (Daughter, you're just thinking of one person to give those apples to. Am I right?).

"那怎么可能。当然不是" (How is that possible? Of course not). As she utters it with conviction, she just knew that she did not mean it.

[to be continued]

Author's note: HeHe is Bai Lu's assistant.