part 7, bedroom.

stop reading fanfic and go do homework. ik its hard but please, for me <3
trigger warning- swearing 🧍‍♀️

I woke up on Clay's couch.

"Hey! What the fuck!" I said being blinded by sunlight.

"Its literally 2:34pm get up." Clay said scooping patches off of my legs. "You drool in you're sleep by the way." He laughed.

"Oh shut up. When you took a nap the other day you snored." I giggled and got up.

I could see Clay's face get red in the corner of my eye but I didn't say anything.

I walked to the kitchen hoping to find some breakfast. There was a plate with waffles and bacon.

I sat down and started to eat, "Hey how'd it go with that Natalie girl?" I asked chewing softly.

"Eh. I honestly didn't really like her. She was hard to please." He said walking into the kitchen.

"Oh i'm sorry. I'm sure theres someone for you." I said shoving a waffle into my face.

"Thanks y/n. Ugh shit I have work. Do you mind cleaning up the kitchen a bit?" He asked sliding on some converse.

"Y- you have a job? and of course." I asked. I seriously didn't know Clay had a job.

"Yes, y/n. I work at a restaurant actually." He said struggling to tie his shoes.

"Oh cool." I said. I seriously didn't know Clay had a job...

He walked out of the kitchen and ran upstairs, grabbing a hoodie and sweatpants.

He yelled down to me, "Y/n? Do you know where my blue hoodie went? The one with the yellow logo on it?"

My heart dropped. I used it as a blanket last night.

"Uh no sorry." I laughed a little.

He rushed down the stairs.

"You're an awful liar. I'll be back in 3 hours. Don't go in my bedroom rest of house is free to use."

He closed the door behind him as we made eye contact once again. Why did I like making eye contact with him so much? I usually hate making eye contact. It made me feel like I was in trouble.

"Alright Patches, what movie are we watching tonight hm?"

"Meow." Patches meowed.

"The Grinch it is."

I sat back on the couch, munching on some dry cereal from the cabinet. I let Patches eat a few but it seemed to like them. (WTF IS PATCHES GENDER PLEASEEE-)

After finishing half the box of cereal i decided to tidy up the kitchen like Clay asked. I turned on some music and decided to get going.

I put away all the pots and pans and sprayed down the counter and did all of the dishes.

After that I was pretty much bored to death. I decided to explore the house.
I walked up the stairs and peeked a tiny bit into Clays room. He tells me not to go in there. He acts like it's forbidden or something.

It wouldn't hurt if I just went in for a second, right?

I stepped into the bedroom. He had Minecraft posters on his wall and a big bed with blue sheets. "Is he a two year old?"

He had a shelf above his bed that was lined with his friends Youtooz. I didn't want to go through his stuff so I quickly left but bumped into something as I walked out the door.

"Owwwwww- OH CLAY HI DIDNT SEE YOU." I said acting like I wasn't just in his room.

"Y/n. Whats the ONE room I told you to stay out of."

"....yours..."

"And who's room did you go into?"

".... yours...."

"Go downstairs. I need to make sure you didn't steal anything." He laughed a little but I'm pretty sure he was serious.

"I didn't go through anything. I just looked at your Minecraft posters and Youtooz. Sorry." I said walked down the hall.

Clay/ Dream pov :)

I couldn't stay mad at her. I don't even think I WAS mad at her. He eyes looking up at me made me soft inside. Her fingers twiddling when shes nervous makes me laugh a bit. And her voice. Her voice is soothing. Its so polite and adorable. I wish she actually realized how important she is it me.

I walk downstairs to see y/n cuddling Patches. I've never wanted to be a cat more in my life than right now. She even talked in a little baby voice when with the cat. (DUDE SERIOUSLY IDK PATCHES GENDER IM JUST GONNA SU)

"Me and pwatches aww sowwyy" she pouted and laughed.

"Apology accepted." I smile.

"Wanna go somewhere? Theres a cool place down the street. Its a lake. Bring your bathing suit we're going."

"I- OKAY!" She jumped up and ran upstairs, scaring patches along the way.

"Im sorry patches, she's crazy." I whispered.

"I HEARD THAT!" She yelled.