chapter nine

Adam's POV

What the actual living hell. I didn't expect to see Michael nonetheless talk to him . Is it just me or did he actually seem hurt or sad..... Nah it's just my imagination. Why did he look like he really cared. Does he regret what he did to me. Is he sad that I'll leave . Will he truly miss me. I would die waiting for that day . Well seems like I'll just have to forget him and move on.

"Adam! What the fuck is wrong with you" Sam shouted next to me

" Ummm what where are we there yet? "

" Adam I've been talking to you for the last five minutes and you've not heard a single shit I said anyway who was that guy you were talking to he's hot"

" Ummm he's Michael schoolmate and yeah he's really hot" I said the last part mainly to myself.

Sam parked the car and we went inside and to my surprise my dad's car was parked outside. Oops bad news.

"Ah Adam welcome home my son ." Father said.

That was strange af he didn't even acknowledge Sam.

"What's going on dad." I said in a bored tone.

"Well can't I greet my own son. "Yeah right well not you.

" Anyway there was some ..... troubles and you are leaving tommorow. I hope you have parked and your flight is at nine in the morning. Goodnight. "

What the fuck. I stood frozen in my tracks and watched father disappear in his study room. No. No. No. No. No . This can't be happening. Why I'm I leaving so early in the morning. Does he really want to get rid of me that much.

"Adam are you okay I'll help you pack." Sam said soothingly next to me.

I saw mother standing near the door to the kitchen wearing the same expression she had when I was told I'm leaving... A blank look.

"Aren't you ever going to say something even once . Are you ever going to stand up for me. Are you always going you always going to pretend like nothing is wrong. What kind of mother are you . Do you even love me or care for me. Have you ever been there to protect me from father's decisions . Where were you when he found me drawing in my room and shouted at me for not being a man enough. Where..... " I couldn't talk no anymore hot tears were streaming down my face.

I ran to my room and closed the door with a loud slam. I cried and cried and slammed everything I saw . I was angry at father for making decisions for me. I was angry at mother for being so submissive. I was angry at Sam for treating me like trash for all those years. I was mostly angry at myself for being so pathetic.

I cried so much that I slowly begun drifting off to sleep.

I woke up with a massive headache and loud shouts from outside my room. I looked outside my room and it was still dark.

"Why are you doing this to him have you no soul." I heard Sam's voice boom throughout the house.

"Keep your voice down young lady you are still in my house and I can do whatever I want with him. "Father said calmly.

" Why are you so cold towards him he does everything to impress you he keeps his grades up for you and you treat him like shit. "Sam said in a cracking tone.

" He is just pathetic have you seen him boys his age are so well built and handsome and don't give me the grades bullshit he has nothing else to do so he just studies. "Father said furiously.

" Aren't you going to say anything. You know Adam and I  are just unfortunate to have a mother like you. Always busy and perfect in your work but just miserable in your marriage. Your like a dog always following orders. "

Smack.

" Don't you ever talk to me like that again I'm your mother. "

" No your not you just gave birth to us and left us to be raised by nannies. "I heard footsteps on the wooden floor and stopped in Sam's door.

" Your both pathetic for doing this to your own son it disgusts me . Such a shame." Sam said in a genuinely disappointed tone.

I broke down more . Why I'm I so disgusting . I heard footsteps and went to the room directly opposite to mine which is father's office.
I just sat on the cold floor looking at nothing and with no specific thoughts just numb.

"Wake up Adam or you'll be late ." I heard Sam say but made no effort to move. My whole body was in pain.

"Adam wake up I don't want father to shout at you please and I want to know if you're okay.

Okay I'm the opposite of okay. I walked slowly to my door and unlocked it and I'm telling you I feel terrible .

"Adam what happened to you? Are you okay? Are you sick? Dou you want me to get you some pills?" Sam gasped once sha saw me.

I opened my mouth to answer here but immediately closed it. I felt a sharp pain course to my head.

"Let me get you some painkillers real quick." Sha said going downstairs to the kitchen.

I walked to my bed and looked at my alarm clock and it read seven o'clock. I groaned for way too many reasons.

One it's too early to wake up.

Two the pain I am feeling is not even for any living being to go through.

Three I know father will be here real soon dressed up shouting at me for being lazy.

Four I have not even fucking packed anything.

"Here drink this and take a cold shower it'll help . "Sam said handing me some asprins.

I took them and headed for the showers. I took a long ass shower and wore a simple white tee and some khaki pants. I went out of my walk in closet and found sam organizing my room. I was about to tell her not to mind it but father interrupted me .

"What happened in here. I hope you have packed because i dont want to be late I have a meeting at nine thirty. Where are your suitcases. "

"Um I have not yet packed. " I said timidly.

"What are you kidding me. Just come you actually need new clothes. Presentabe ones not those things you wears. Be in the car in five minutes. "