Prologue

** 3 Months Previously**

"Wicked party Bells!" I shouted at my best friend, Belle, trying to talk to her over the loud music. It was around 11pm; just the beginning of Belle's 17th Birthday Party. She'd invited most of the Junior class, a few Seniors and a couple of Sophomores, mostly because her sister, Ariel.

Ariel is Belle's 15 year old sister. She was the most beautiful and popular girl in the Sophomore class. Belle was the most popular Junior, however I was just her best friend.

As the party moved into the early hours of the morning, everyone was drunk and dancing wildly.

As I scanned the sweating bodies, that's when I spotted Lazer.

Lazer Lahey is a Senior, popular and handsome, but weird. His blonde hair was ruffled and a red cup was in his sweaty grip, he stared at Ariel from across the room, his eyes like a tiger looking at prey.

Ariel was dancing with some of her friends in a short blue dress, and Lazers eyes were full of hunger. I could tell he was about to go over to her, so I made a mad, drunken dash across the room towards him, and just as he strode across the room, tipping the contents of the cup everywhere, I reached him.

"Whoh there cowboy." I grabbed his shoulder and spun him around. His eyes were bloodshot and he simply gave me a simple and drunken 'hmph.'

He grabbed me quickly and pulled me into a tight embrace, then I felt him collapse in the hug. Crap, I thought to myself, this is bloody great.

In my drunken state, I tried to pull him to a nearby coach and sat him on there. Just as I turned around, a flash of bright blue eyes and jet black hair stood behind me.

"Hey... Layla... right?" He smiled at me.

Oh my god. He knew my freaking name. Kasey flipping Titan.

I nodded gently, but inside I was flipping the hell out. "And you're Kasey?"

He laughed at me slightly. God his smile was amazing, but I took back those thoughts. I can't think like this, everyone knows that Jodie Glass has her eyes set on him, and I can't mess with that.

"I saw Lazer fainted on you?" He asked me questioningly, he glaced to Lazer then back to me. "I hope he didn't try anything on you. Especially since he's drunk, he's a nasty one when he's drunk."

"Well he hugged me... then fainted on me." I looked Kasey in the eyes, his bright, breath-taking eyes. Kasey laughed again, this time it was quite jokey and light.

"That is a first. But I don't blame him, I'd want to hug you if I were absolutely hammered." My jaw dropped as he said his last word, then continued, "... Then again, I want to hug you now. You seem like a pretty nice and huggable person."

I was absolutely speechless. Kasey was the guy who everyone liked, but after Jodie had claimed him and said she'd be dating him by Senior Prom, everyone backed off.

"I'm not really a..." I didn't know how to argue with Kasey, I really didn't. So I just looked over at Lazer, his eyes were shut and he was drooling slightly.

A meer second later, I felt arms wrap around me. I stood there, as frozen as a statue, but after he tightened his grip, it felt natural to put my arms around him too.

He pulled away slightly and I looked up into Kasey's inviting eyes, and he leaned in. It was a deep, passionate kiss, in which I forgot all about Jodie. We were in a dark corner, so people couldn't see us, but after about five minutes, we both pulled away.

He grabbed my hand and took me upstairs, to the attic, where it was empty, but beds were placed for the people who were sleeping round after the sleepover.

We picked the bed in the far right corner and... well you can guess what happened next.

I hope you liked it! Please don't forget to vote and comment! xxx