Chapter 2

I looked to the front and didn’t leave eye contact with the blackboard. I was so nervous my palms were sweating and little beads of sweat had rolled off my forehead.

I’ve been this way since the party.

The morning after the party, we both woke up, each with a splitting headache and his arm was still around my neck.

“Morning.” He yawned/spoke to me as he began to move. “Were you a virgin?” I was slightly stunned by this next question, but I nodded slowly.

“Not bad for a beginner.” He grinned at me, showing me his pearly white teeth.

“Thanks.” I smiled back at him, the sudden realisation hitting me making me frown and look downwards. I coughed slightly before speaking. “Do we have to tell people?”

He looked at me slightly confused. “What do you mean Layla?” He sat back down next to me, his chest still bare and his black hair in a scruff.

“It’s just… I was drunk. But I remember things when I’m drunk and I don’t want people to think any differently of me and I-“ He stopped me by hugging me tightly.

“It’s okay. No one has to know, I was pretty smashed too… well I had a beer so I wasn’t… erm… aha…” He stood up and put a shirt back on before walking away. “See ya in school Layl.” He smiled at me before heading back downstairs.

I smiled slightly, but I couldn’t help an empty feeling appearing in my stomach as I heard him walk down the attic steps.

Back to current day and I was still staring at the blackboard as his words washed over my brain. I was feeling queasy again, so I put my hand up.

“Yes, Miss Moon?” Hamilton turned to me as he spoke.

“I’m feeling sick. Can I go see the nurse please?” I glanced over to Kasey and Cart, both of them were looking at me with concern.

With the notion of Hamilton’s hand and head, he allowed me to exit the class to see the nurse.

Every step down the corridor made my head spin a bit more, and before I knew it, I’d blacked out and the last thing I saw was Kasey’s worried eyes over my head.

Sorry for the short chapter! The next one will be longer (hopefully) but with exams coming up in 10 weeks, I'm constantly revising or at school. I'll try to upload weekly <3