Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A few months after the party, everyone was still talking about it. It was named the 'Party of the Year' and the Nunnington sisters were more popular than ever and since Belle was my best friend, I got popular too.

Going into school on a Monday was just like any other day; Belle and I had met up for a morning Costa and we went straight to school. The only thing that was peculiar about that day was the strange feeling of sickness I got in my stomach.

"Layl what do you have first?" Belle turned to me with her lipgloss shining in the morning sun and her sunglasses reflecting my face back at me.

"Social Studies with Hamilton." I told her and she laughed, and I knew why.

"Have fun with Hamish babe." She joked to me. Everyone called Mr Hamilton Hamish because his first name was Hamish and he hated it, when his name was found out last year, everyone made fun of him, he also smelled like spoiled ham, which was gross.

We carried on walking to school and as soon as we got in the door, we turned right to get to our lockers. I quickly grabbed my social studies and history textbooks and shoved them in my backpack.

As Belle and I parted ways, I ran into Cart.

"Hey Cart!" I smiled at him. He turned to face me and smiled slightly.

"Hey stranger." He hugged me and I hugged back, Cart was one of my closest friends. We shared most of our classes together and he was a good friend to talk to, he also happened to be the step-brother of one Kasey Titan.

"You headed to social studies?" I asked him, already knowing the answer.

"Of course! Who'd want to miss out on..." Before he could finish, I ran down the hallway and into the nearest female toilet, feeling sick.

Cart knocked on the door of the female toilets a few minutes later, but I could barely hear him because my head was pounding.

"I... am... o... okay." I managed to speak, but barely. Just as I spoke, I ran into a cubicle and threw up. I only threw up a few times but I simply said to myself that it was because of all the junk food I had last night.

A couple of minutes later, I came out of the cubicle, grabbed a tissue and wiped my mouth. I washed my hands just as Cart walked in.

"You look like hell." Cart stated as he took in my face. "You preg?" I laughed at him, but then I stopped immediately.

"There's like no chance I'm pregnant." I looked at him questioningly, "Just because I throw up once doesn't mean I'm pregnant. It's probably all the junk food I had last night."

Cart and I walked out of the toilets and headed straight to social studies as we were already a minute late.

Walking into the classroom with Mr Hamilton staring us down was harsh, but I was fine with it. He looked at everyone like that.

I felt like something odd had happened in the class so as I took my normal seat I looked around the classroom and at the front of the classroom, next to Cart, was Kasey.

I mentally screamed and put my head down, writing down the notes that were already on the board.

Holy shit, I thought to myself, this class just got a lot more interesting.