Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The next thing I know, I'm in the nurse's office with Cart and Kasey whispering anxiously by the door. My eyes are slowly opening as I see their outlining figures standing by the door.

"Hey..." I croaked gently and both of the boys' heads whipped around to face me. I studied both of their faces before speaking next. "Where's the nurse?" I asked, but with a brief look of distress and anxiety on Kasey's face I knew something was wrong.

"Well Layl..." Cart started speaking, but was quickly stopped by the nurse hurrying into the room.

"Layla Moon?" She asked me steadily.

"Yes?" I questioned the woman standing with a clipboard. That was when I looked at the room in more depth; I wasn't in the nurse's office at school.

"Why am I in the freaking hospital?!" I turned to Cart and Kasey with an angered look on my face.

"We weren't sure if... or what... you just collapsed." He spoke hurriedly, but the nurse quickly shushed him.

"But the hospital? There's nothing wrong with me." I stated certainly.

"Your blood results came back." The nurse interrupted me and my heart sunk. "We thought you might have a low blood sugar and be developing diabetes. However, a doctor has looked at it and we have to ask you, have you had any sexual intercourse with anyone in the last three to five months? Was it protected?" She questioned me quizzically and I stared at her blankly.

"Yes and I'm not too certain... probably not." I glanced at Kasey, whose face had gone white.

"Well I hate to tell a young lady like you this, but you're pregnant." My heart sunk into my stomach and my head was pounding. I looked at Kasey and Cart in desperation.

"Well then..." Cart laughed anxiously and Kasey walked out of the room. "You going to tell your mom?" He looked at me with a serious look.

"I guess... I just don't know how. I've never dealt with this before." I was keeping back tears and I was thinking to myself about how I've ruined my life.

I wanted to go to college and go out partying and now I can't because I have a child to care for. My dad walked out and even though I know who the dad is... he's not going to walk out... right?

~***~

~Later That Day~

As soon as I was discharged from hospital I went home.

I have to tell her, I thought in the car on the way home. I was in the passenger seat with Cart driving. He didn't take his eyes off the road and his knuckles were gripped tightly on the wheel.

I hadn't seen Kasey since he walked out of the room when I was told I was pregnant.

I kept thinking about the baby. There's a small human living inside me... that's meant to feel weird right? I shivered slightly then, as soon as I shivered I started feeling hot.

"Hot flushes are normal for pregnancy," I remember the nurse telling me, "Just try to balance it out."

I breathed in and out slowly, trying to control my breath, but thoughts kept running through my mind.

I know nothing about pregnancy. When am I going to tell my mum? Is there a good time?

Interupting my thoughts, Cart cut in.

"Who's the father?" He questioned me, his eyes locked on the road.

"I'm not going to say." I glanced at him for a moment before looking out of the car window, which had started steaming up, so I rolled down the window.

"Fuck sake Layla. This isn't a game. There's a BABY inside you." Cart angrily gripped the wheel.

"It's not like you have to carry it around for another seven months." I turned to face him. "Why the hell do you care anyway? It's not yours." Just as I said this, a whiteness came across his face and he stopped the car in a small car park.

"Who's the dad Layl?" He took his hands off the wheel and looked out of his window, refusing to look at me.

"Do you really want to know?" I turned to him, a look of worry crossing my face as he nodded slowly and I took a deep breath in.

"Kasey." I whispered, but his reaction wasn't something I expected. He laughed.

He continued laughing as I shrunk back into the seat.

____________________

This is a really rough draft of this chapter which I will edit as soon as I get further into the story. I will try to update this more often because it seems like my most popular story. Thank you if you've stayed loyal to Purple Flowers after my little hiatus for a few months <3 

- BethValentine98