Chapter 1

Mia's POV

I groaned as I opened my eyes. I quickly looked at the cot on the other side of the basement I'd been locked in for the past 10 months. My babies were still sleeping. I dragged my beaten and bruised body across the room to the cot so i could see if they'd hurt them.

Ella and Jacob were fine and sleeping peacefully. I was lucky that my babies were close by and unharmed so far. I didn't know how long that would last. I sat there watching them sleep as I remembered how this nightmare had started.

Flashback

"Babe. I have something to tell you." I said excited as I held the pregnancy stick behind my back and smiled at Kyle. "What is it babygirl?" He smiled at me. I looked up at him excited. "I'm pregnant." I showed him the pregnancy stick.

"What?!" He asked in shock. "This is a joke right." His shock turned to anger. "No way you're pregnant. We don't need a kid right now." He snapped. I looked at him is shock. "B- but Kyle, we've been trying for months to have a child of our own." I said, tears starting to fall .

"No Mia, you wanted kids. Not me. I don't want to have kids. Especially not with you! And I don't want that kid inside you. So you can either abort it or get out." Kyle shouted. I looked at him in shock. "What?" I asked in disbelief. "Are you deaf?! Get out of my house" Kyle shouted.

I looked at him numbly as my eyes filled with tears before walking out of the house. I had barely walked up to the next house's lawn when a black van's door opened and I was pulled inside.

End of flashback.

I started crying quietly as I thought of how Kyle had reacted to my pregnancy. My kidnappers apparently loved my misery as they enjoyed taunting me with talks of seeing Kyle with other women and how he was enjoying his life without me. I knew Kyle wouldn't come for us. He never wanted our children. I'd accepted that. I had hoped someone would come and save me. But as the months had gone by i had learned to accept my fate. Unless a miracle happened me and my children would be stuck here forever.