Chapter 4

Mia's POV

I was surprised and didn't react at first. It took a few seconds for me to respond to his kiss. After a few more seconds he pulled away and looked at me. "Listen babygirl. I didn't mean for this to happen. I didn't know they were waiting outside for you. Sam was supposed to pick you up a few blocks away." He said. "Sam?" I asked, wondering what my brother had to do with this.

"Yeah." He said before gently taking my hand and guiding me towards the cot and sitting down. I sat down in front of him. He took my hand in his and looked at me before sighing. "I knew my step dad Henry was planning something but i didn't know when or what. As soon as i found out I talked to Sam and he helped me. I had to send you away for a while. When you told me you were pregnant I was so happy but at the same time terrified of what might happen to you and the baby. I was glad I had everything ready for you and Sam to hide for a while. I didn't know at the time what to say to send you away so when you told me about the pregnancy I decided to use that." He said.

"So you were faking not wanting our babies?" I asked not sure of what to think. He nodded and squeezed my hand gently. "What does your step dad want from you so badly that he kidnapped me to try and get it from you?" I asked. "It was something my mother was working on before she died. Henry had been insisting that she give it to him when she was finished working on it but she knew him so she gave it to me without him knowing. He only found out that I have it after my mother died." He said.

"You said Sam was helping you. What was he doing?" I asked. He looked at me and gently kissed my cheek before looking at Ella and Jacob who were still sleeping. "When I found out Henry was planning on doing something to you I went to Sam and told him everything and I asked if he would go into hiding with you until I could figure something out. Like I said the day Henry kidnapped you Sam was waiting a few blocks away and was supposed to pick you up and take you to the hiding place." He said.