Chapter 23: Beach Body

Kim Hyejin's POV

Last night, we had dinner at that seafood restaurant that we all saw while we were on the road. It was right in front of a fast-food chain called 'Jollibee' but it was still very delicious. I have never tasted lobster and everything I ate there was finger-licking good.

Today, the eight of us are going to enjoy the beach. Even Yoongi, even though we all basically forced him out of his shell to come with us.

The moment we step out to the sand, the beaming sun made contact with our skin. I took a breath in the clear wind. Everyone was ready to swim, except for me. I wanted it to be a surprise—mainly to Jungkook.

Everyone was topless, except for Yoongi, who was apparently wearing a long-sleeved shirt with some shorts on. I gawk over at Jungkook, the sweat on his body making a glistening look on his skin. His toned chest and abs, bloody hell, he's fucking perfect.

He saw me staring, so he smirked smugly. I rolled my eyes at him while laughing, sure he has that ideal beach body but I know I'm sexier. Just as he wait!

Okay, that was very arrogant of me, but I don't care anymore.

Everyone ran to the water, while Yoongi was just walking back to the shade. I followed them and let the water wet my feet. I let out a relaxed sigh. Damn, it feels great to not try to kill people, honestly, I'm getting tired of doing it but I just can't resign.

One, I need the money. Two, Wonho will kill me if I don't finish this mission. Lastly, it will be a hassle to talk to Wonho about this.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone splashing water at my face. I laughed while wiping the saltwater with my shirt and scowled at the person. Jungkook stuck his tongue out and continued to splash water on me.

"C'mon, let's swim!" He encouraged me but I shooked my head. I looked back at the shore and saw that Yoongi set up a big umbrella on the sand and a towel for him to sit on.

I turned back to Jungkook. "Later, I have something to do!" He nodded and swims to Jimin and Taehyung.

My body then turned to Yoongi and I walked towards him. He noticed me walking, so he scooted over to give me some space. I blew off a gust while sitting down, making sure the sunlight was not hitting my skin.

"You hate the sun too?" Yoongi spoke while holding a handheld fan. I giggled a little at his little setup.

I nodded. "I don't like it, I'm just going to swim when the sun's going to set." Yoongi chuckled at my statement and laid down on the towel he put down.

Snatching his little fan, I aimed it on my face that was already sweating. Yoongi protested with a groan but he didn't try to take it back from me. It was quiet since none of us spoke a word, we were just watching the six playing on the beach like some kids.

A moment passed and Yoongi decided to break the silence with an unexpected sentence. "I'm sorry about your sister," he sympathetically said. It took me a minute to fully grasp what he just said.

I looked down on him with a shocked face. I have never said anything about my sister to their group, how the hell does he know about Aera. "H-how do you know about her? I never said anything about me having a sister."

"What was her name? Right, Kim Aera. I saw her tomb right next to your parents'. It was quite obvious though." Yoongi shrugged and sat up next to me. He sincerely looked at me with his eyes but his face remained cold.

"I want you to know that I will be here as your brother. I want you to know that I have accepted you in our family, I want you to experience being in a family again," he said making my heart flutter with joy. I gave him a small smile with my tears threatening to fall.

The tears have finally fallen and I looked down, scoffing at myself. "Tha-thank you, no one has ever said that to me. Those words really hit me deep and I appreciate that." Yoongi smiled and held my hand, comforting me.

"Please don't tell this to anybody?" I said. He was confused at first but he nodded with a smile making me relieved.

We heard voices getting louder. I looked up and saw the others talking to each other, except for Jungkook, who apparently looked pissed. I stood up to whisper something to Taehyung.

"Is Jungkook okay?" He looked over at the pissed guy and shrugged. Taehyung then looked down at Yoongi and chuckled. I looked at him, interested in why he chuckled when he glanced at Yoongi.

"Maybe he's jealous," Taehyung winked at me. Blood rushed to my cheeks. I forgot that we are actually together now. That we are a thing now.

I walked towards to Jungkook, who didn't look at me once. I frowned at this, so I intertwined my fingers to him and his body stiffened. "Why are you jealous of Yoongi? You do know that we are together now, you do know that I'm yours now," I reminded him and he then decided to look at me now.

Jungkook gave me a pained look but he managed to smile at me. "I know, we will talk about this later. Why didn't you swim at the beach?" He asked.

I then shrugged and looked at the white sand and the pristine clear water glistening from the sun's rays. "I will, later. I just don't like how the sun is beaming right now."

"So, you're saying that you're scared of getting your skin darker?"

I scoffed at his statement. "No, I'm afraid of getting a sunburn. It's a pain in the ass when you have it." We both head to Yoongi's little shade and I sat down while he stood up beside me because he's soaking wet.

"Is he?" I heard Yoongi whisper. I chuckled silently and nodded while he did a gagging face jokingly and laughing after.

I looked away, back to the water then to my fingers. Glancing at the ring that was now mine, my heart skipped a beat and I smiled sheepishly. But that smile soon faded.

I am both happy and terrified that you are mine, and I am your's now, Jeon Jungkook.