Chapter 5 ( New Chapter )

Britain sat totally still, his eyes not leaving France's. Her icy blue ones were begging him not to say, pleading for him to keep his mouth shut. He turned to Scotland who had the exact opposite look, giving him a strong thumbs up. The Brit didn't know what to do. France would surely hate him for a while if he told, but he would have to face his father's wrath if he didn't say.

" I uhh... I don't know what you're talking about.." Britain said quietly, eyeing France. He could feel his father's dismay from across the entire room. He fidgeted slightly in his chair, unsure what to do. His father cleared his throat, gaining all the attention back from the crowd.

" He seems to be a bit nervous today, but it is a big announcement for all of us... As of today, both my son and the heir of France will be signing a formal agreement between the nations of France and England, allowing a stronger trading partnership to come to fruition. Because of this, England will be making a formal announcement of their cooperation with France, and my son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law will be next in line to inherit the entire British crown and throne. "

The room went so quiet you could hear a pin drop. France's face went pale. She wanted to curl up and die. Of course, he had to say, of course..

Britain stared back at her with hollow eyes as a gasp wove through the crowd, followed by a few seconds of chatter. It only took a few seconds before were squealing in delight and flooding the table with enthusiasm. Scotland was sitting far enough away that he even got swallowed by the wave of happy onlookers.

Britain was slightly used to the attention and chaos although, he could see France didn't seem like it. She looked confused and upset, trying her best to keep her attention on one person or another while composing her attitude. He reached his hand out to her for some kind of comfort but she quickly smacked it away in a fit of lingering rage. Her eyes burnt with an unseen force that looked strangely familiar, and her jagged motions only seconded his notion that she was in no mood to talk.

" You never told me about this Mr. Fancy. I thought we were buddies! You know getting into an official treaty is a big event, not some little kid's birthday. " someone pat his shoulder from behind. Britain knew that voice. It was a voice he hadn't heard in a long while.

" I dont have time for that kind of stuff anymore, you know that. " he smirked, shaking his head with a sad chuckle. The country from behind seemed to think for a second before half tackling Britain into the table. The Brit let out a groan and fought back, seemingly overpowering the small country in a few seconds.

" Alright, you win. It's nice to see you again my friend " Greece eventually knew he had lost the fight and loosened up from the tussle. Britain helped his friend up, seemingly forgetting about the chaos around him.

" Where have you been! I've sent you letters and dont tell me you didn't get them. I made sure that they traveled all that way. Dont tell me you were ignoring me " he pulled up a spare chair for the friend. Greece shrugged, twirling around on his feet.

" You know I wouldn't ignore you and yes I did get your letters. It's my parents, they keep on trying to get me a girl just like you. It's pretty boring right now, all the princesses are either overly happy in themselves or attached to my feet. Things are going real slow and my mother is getting annoyed at it. I dont know, you can't rush this kind of thing when it comes to girls. And might I add, France isn't a bad pick, probably the cutest out of all the empires " he flicked a few crumbs from the table with a smirk. Britain shook his head. He had no idea what living with France was like.

" Sometimes looks can be deceiving. She has more attitude than all the empires themselves. " the Brit leaned in, whispering quietly.

Greece raised an eyebrow. " I dont know, looks like you might be overreacting my friend. She doesn't look that bad" he glanced back at the princess who was still being surrounded by people.