009

"They're lucky, those higher-ups..."

Winds ravaged the deck where a few clusters of marines stood, on look out or checking the mechanisms. Two men were seated on some cargo boxes that were outside of the dining room, shivering away with their rifles clattering against their frozen backs as they rubbed their arms.
One of them had a sneer on his face as his eyes traveled to the upper deck, the place where the door to the main cabin was located.

"Yeah. They get to do whatever when we're the ones who are out in the freezing wind!" The second one replied with a groan as he laid down on his side, his marine cap falling off his head.

"I wonder where (y/n)-san is, I didn't see her below deck." The young man who was lying on his side slid his gaze to his older friend whose hand was on his chin in thought.

"I can't quite imagine her to be the kind of person to sleep in a room of twenty men so willingly. Although I wouldn't mind, considering how pretty she is!" They both chuckled at his sentence when another marine who had a slightly stern expression came over.

"If Aokiji-san heard you talking about his subordinate like that, I have a feeling he'd gut you." The friends sweatdropped as the younger one sat back up, adjusting his hat back on and leaning on his knees - shrugging.

"Eh, it's not like he's the type of person to do that, besides," he smirked "(y/n)-san must be single. Maybe I'll treat her to dinner..." The two seated laughed as the stern man sighed and walked off, muttering as he went.

Standing behind the long legs of a teenage girl was another girl who, this time, only seemed about six. The small child had tears in her eyes as she clung onto the older girl - who had her hands on her hips and was staring angrily at a man with weirdly-styled purple hair.

'Cracker-nii, you say sorry to her, now!'

The man seemed only to roll his eyes and click his tongue as he looked at the teenager in front of him.

"Whaaaat? It's not my issue (y/n) decided to roundhouse kick my ankle! I didn't know it was her, so I accidentally booted her!" At his words, the small girl clung tighter to the extremely tall girl's leg who then bent down to pet (y/n)'s soft hair.

The man looked at the two and then knelt down, his arms opening reluctantly to which the young child looked at. He didn't seem apologetic but he did give a half awkward smirk, half scowl. She ran at him laughing and he hugged her, the sparks at the end of his hair flaking around.

"Damnit, (y/n)! That hurt and you know I don't like pain," he ruffled her locks and then stood back up, "at least you will become a strong fighter!"

'Cracker-nii...'

It was warm, too warm. Almost as if a man of ice wasn't sleeping just across the bed from her. A solidarity tear slid down (y/n)'s face as she smiled.  She was half asleep, but just waking up. Her hand raised to wipe away the tear when she felt her waist being pinned down with something heavy. Looking down, the woman saw a darkly-tanned arm lying across her waist, and that's when she realised.

With wide eyes and a growing blush, she moved her hand back down as she felt soft curls against her neck, light breaths against the crook. He was hugging her from behind.

She didn't know what was stranger, the way her superior cuddled her so her back was flush with his toned chest or the way he felt warm. Just as if he wasn't a user of an ice power; but then again he was still human. Aokiji shifted slightly and (y/n) felt herself tense up - not from the way he was so close - but from the way his breath moved from her neck, making her cold. It was if he made her feel safe.