Chapter Two

Y/n had gotten to the building super early on Monday morning. Whenever she was stressed and anxious, she did work to preoccupy her mind. There was nothing left for her to rearrange in her apartment (she had moved the furniture around in her room three times after Wanda dropped her off, much to her friend's disapproval), so her best bet was to get to work early and start on an assignment she was given on Friday.

A part of her had wanted to get a head start on her work so she could avoid Wanda. She hadn't heard from her all weekend, not like she expected to, but she still felt a little bit hurt by that. Wanda had her number for "work purposes" so there was no excuse. It would be impossible for Y/n to avoid her completely, unless Stark finally wanted to give her some official work, but she could just cut down the amount of time she is around Wanda..

Just like most of her colleagues, Wanda dragged her feet to get to work this morning. She had drank too much last night and passed out on the couch instead of sleeping in her bed. That was not her normal Sunday routine, but she thought about how she was dreading working with Y/n the very next morning. She had been at a high the moment made Y/n cum in the passenger seat of her car, adrenaline kicking into overdrive, but she had come down to her senses once she put her car back into drive, took Y/n home, and had to sit in silence for the rest of the ride home. What was she thinking messing around with a young intern like that? Wanda felt like she had abused some of her powers, even if she didn't have any ill-will in making Y/n do what she did Friday night. Y/n herself seemed to enjoy it too, but Wanda was not going to do that ever again. It was a mistake that she didn't want to happen again.

"Wanda!" A voice that couldn't have been mistaken for no one other than Tony Stark had called after her as she walked into the building that morning.

"Tony, how are you this morning."

"It's Monday at 8 am. Anyway just wanted to give you a heads up that Carol Danvers is coming today," Tony's tone was extremely suggestive. He had nudged Wanda's arm which slightly annoyed her. Her and Tony get on well enough to where Wanda wasn't too afraid of him to push back against some of his annoying tendencies.

But a visit from Carol was the last thing Wanda needed right now. The two have a weird history together. They left off on good terms, but it was still kind of awkward, on her end at least. They only fucked once but somehow it spread through the company that they were a thing. That led to a long back and forth of teasing between the two, mostly brought on by Carol. Wanda hated gossip, especially work gossip. It was utterly pointless when the claims were silly and unfounded. But, she rolled with the punches. It's not necessarily a bad thing to be linked with Carol. She's also an important figure at Stark Industries, but she's always traveling for the company that she is only in the states about several times a year.

"There's some paperwork that she needs. I don't know why she didn't just ask for it to be faxed over, but oh well. Hey, how is it going with that intern?"

Wanda paused for a split second. She couldn't show too much hesitance around Tony or else he'd start asking questions.

"It's going fine," she said stiffly. "She's a great girl, very smart."

"Good. I think she has a chance of fitting in here, but she's too damn shy. That's why I need you to show her the ropes, Wanda, and not just have her do coffee runs like most interns do. Have a good day."

Tony disappeared down the hallway and the elevator had dinged, signaling that it had arrived on the floor and was waiting to take Wanda up.

Wanda was surprised to see Y/n in her office, already sorting through a new batch of files. She wasn't sure of how to approach her or what to say, but Y/n noticed her coming in.