Chapter Three

It's raining for the first time since Y/n has had a job at Stark Industries. Every day prior had been sunny, hell the sky was clear just 30 minutes ago. Now she found herself running into the building, her blouse covered in wet spots that made the material cling to her skin. She had a cup carrier with three coffees in one hand and files underneath her arm in the other.

Wanda had given her more work and was even letting her sit in on some of her meetings. She felt included, and important. Wanda's demeanor to her even shifted; she was much more warm to her. After the night at Carol's, Wanda seemed much more lighter and like her guilt about that night with Y/n had gone away. She was getting laid again and it was Carol who was keeping her warm at night. Steve joked about it crudely, which made Y/n not believe it at first, but Carol was still in town and Y/n caught a glimpse of Wanda's desktop where her email was open and she had seen a half-written email for Carol. 'Your house again, or mine? I like seeing you waking up in my bed.' It was really none of Y/n's business, but how many times could Wanda keep hurting her? She'd always continue to go on like it was nothing.

Work made it easier for her to block her thoughts. Wanda had her assigned to more tasks than normal today. She placed Wanda's coffee on her empty desk, leaving her and Steve's coffee left in the container. Steve was joining Wanda for a big meeting today. Y/n noticed that Wanda was running later than normal. Maybe she was rolling out of bed with Carol.

"Stop thinking about it. It doesn't matter," Y/n said to herself out loud. It was becoming something she told herself more often.

"Who you talking to?"

Y/n jumped when Steve's voice came from the doorway. He was leaning against the frame with his hands in pockets. He always had a smug look on his face that didn't fail to make her stomach turn at times.

Steve had made passes at her during her first week of being at Stark Industries, however after that he began to lose interest. That didn't mean her knee-jerk reaction to wince whenever he spoke went away.

"I'm not talking to anyone," Y/n stumbled over her words. She wasn't sure of an excuse to give him.

"Sure you weren't. Anyway, where is Maximoff? She's usually here before the two of us."

"I don't know. I haven't seen her either. Here is your coffee, just how you like it." Steve straightened up when Y/n approached him. One wouldn't have been able to tell by just looking at him, but he had a hangover and the coffee was a lifesaver.

"She's probably trying to keep Carol from jumping her bones again," he joked before bringing the cup to his lips.

"So, uh, how far do Wanda and Carol go back?"

Y/n couldn't believe she found the courage to ask even though she probably sounded stupid. She was underestimating Steve's love of gossiping.

"Years. Wanda denied that they were screwing each other, but he's not a very good liar, that's why I'm sitting in on today's meeting by the way," he paused for Y/n to laugh at his joke, but that never happened. "Carol is a great woman, but her and Wanda would never work out. They want two different things in life and their values are different. Wanda is more likely to settle down someday while Carol is going to be jetsetting well into her 70s. Plus it's not a secret that Wanda is just one of many for Carol, hoes in different area codes if you will."

Anyone who spoke to him for more than two minutes would become aware that Steve loved to hear himself talk. Y/n asked a simple question and he was rattling off things that Y/n would deem as a secret without a care in the world. He didn't seem to care if Wanda was in earshot of his words, but thank god she wasn't.

Y/n didn't ask anymore questions after that even though she could've. All of her questions probably would've skewed towards learning more about Wanda. Still, she was an enigma and a mystery. She had hurt her feelings, yet Y/n still looked up to her and wanted to please her in more than one way. Her crush had developed into full blown infatuation. Information about Wanda was all over the internet and she found herself glossing over images of her at events and articles featuring her name. The only thing that made her stop searching for more was when she saw a photo with Wanda and Carol in the background; they were very close to one another and looked as if they were an actual couple. Despite her reaching that point of cyber-stalking someone who was so in reach, Y/n was just too damn shy to act on any impulses. She was just silent and obedient, keeping out of Wanda's way.