Chapter Four

There was nothing romantic about losing your virginity to a woman who kept calling a whore and her "slutty little bitch" but Y/n replayed it in her head over and over again as if it was her high school crush confessing their feelings for her. She laid in bed staring at her ceiling, the ache in her lower half made it hard for her to fall asleep. Her eyes didn't feel heavy until well into the morning.

Y/n didn't get much sleep either. She felt stupidly hungover (despite not drinking that much throughout the night) and she felt even more sore hours later. Her spinning head and sensitive limbs had been caused by Natasha. The soreness was not just in her pelvis, she also felt an ache in her thighs and even in her lower belly. She stayed in bed until it was past noon and her friend was knocking on her door. There was obvious concern in her voice as she asked her if she was okay, but Y/n just brushed it off, claiming that she just "partied too hard."

With her physical pain slipping away due to the advil she found in the bathroom cabinet, her mind started to focus solely on Natasha. She decided she was going to give her a day, although Natasha should've called her by now to make sure she got home safely. Natasha was a busy person, she imagines that she even works on Saturdays as she did describe herself as a workaholic. Or maybe she just wanted to give her some space to re-evaluate herself and clear her head after the night went from 0 to 100.

It crossed her mind that maybe she's waiting for Y/n to reach out instead of the opposite. Y/n was too shy and nervous to do so out first, but after deliberating with herself she found herself pressing send and then chucking her phone across the bed.

There was no immediate response, which made her upset, but she gave her time. Too much time because the hours started to slip away. She broke one of the unspoken rules of courtship in the modern times: you never double text if you get no response. If only she had shared her situation with her friend then she would have been able to talk her off of this metaphorical ledge.

'Hi, I hope you're doing well...I enjoyed the Gala.'

'Hope you're not too busy!'

'I hope you don't mind if I keep the dress ;)'

Every ding of her phone made her jump. No one who texted or called her had the voice she really wanted to hear. She wanted to see Natasha's name appear on her phone but the entire Saturday was spent locked in her room, constantly peering at the LED screen until her eyes began to hurt.

Sunday was no better, but she decided to stay silent. Y/n stared at her screen and the additional four messages she sent to Natasha. Her desperation was palpable with each message that went unanswered. The number of times she professed her feelings for her and used the word "please" to beg for her to finally message her was embarrassing. Without any context, someone would've thought that she was a stalker who couldn't take the hint. But her previous messages with Natasha were just a simple scroll away and everything had been so perfect it seemed.

Showing her face at Stark Industries gave her anxiety bigger than anything she's ever felt before. She was sure that she had her weekend sins written all over her face. However, as she walked past the typical people she saw in these hallways, they didn't take notice of her. Maybe she didn't exist to them, God she hoped so. Maybe Natasha didn't exist and she just made her up. That would be a much better explanation than her vanishing into open air.

Wanda watched Y/n approach her office through the window. She looked distracted and like work was the last place she wanted to be. She didn't see her after that quick encounter at the Gala. She disappeared and so did Natasha. Wanda can only guess where they went and what they were up, to and it wasn't biblical at all. It wasn't her business, but the spaced out look Y/n held on her face from the moment she stepped into wanda's office and had for the next few hours made her curious. Her voice didn't even make her ears perk up and her gaze didn't quickly move to Wanda like it usually did.